Board logo

Luego At Stoneleigh Udate
jollygreengiant - 5/4/07 at 08:10 PM

Ok, so I now have more details to forward to you as I have further confirmations.

I have applied for and been granted a display area for Luego Owners Club. We are to be displaying on Block 27 stand 'B'.

I also have received and sent back the application form for putting up a gazebo. This should be ok pending return of the authorising permit and a free ground survey for underground cables.

EDIT : The attachment didn't work so if you want the map in pdf, U2U or email me& I will send it to you by email.
(I am attaching a map of the display area so that you will be able to download it/look up locations, as applicable). It is in PDF format, so it should be ok for everyone. If not just remember block 27, stand B for when you get there.

I have no idea where the camping area is in relation to the map so if any of you have any idea then please give us a clue so that we might have some idea of where it is and where we should all aim for.

Lets have a good one.
Enjoy.
I deleted the first message and re did it cos something funny was happening. It was showing up on the first page in the new posts but NOT registering within the luego section as latest posts, just listing JCS's post at 4pm yesterday.

Paul (Notts) - 6/4/07 at 07:01 PM

Rescued attachment map.JPG
Rescued attachment map.JPG

rusty nuts - 6/4/07 at 07:40 PM

Should be there in the Luego , managed to get it running on the engine management system today !!

jollygreengiant - 6/4/07 at 08:56 PM

Ok I presume that you cropped it to get it to load.

Cheers Paul.

See you there.

wilkingj - 6/4/07 at 10:46 PM

Well Done Melvyn..

APR - 7/4/07 at 11:05 AM

adz h and myself will be there in our velocitys hope for good weather

richard thomas - 7/4/07 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Should be there in the Luego , managed to get it running on the engine management system today !!

Nice one Mel

rusty nuts - 7/4/07 at 12:20 PM

Hope to do a bit of tweaking today. Can't roadtest though as sorned and post office closed. Bit of bad planning on my part!

jollygreengiant - 12/4/07 at 01:01 PM

Got the permit now for putting up the Gazebo, just gotta get the ground scan done now.

Itsacomintogever

Dave J - 13/4/07 at 02:00 PM

Well done that man.

All being well me and the family will be bringing the yellow beastie on the Sunday.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers

Dave.

Paul (Notts) - 13/4/07 at 05:44 PM

Any one know where the camping area is...?

Paul

rusty nuts - 13/4/07 at 07:48 PM

Last year a few of us camped on the locost club pitch, may be able to pitch our tents on the Luego area?

jollygreengiant - 17/4/07 at 11:24 AM

Ok further update(s)

The camping areas are on blocks
14 and around those areas on the map.
We can IF there is room camp on the kit car display area. which as already stated is block 27 stand B.

TICKET SPOKEN FOR
(oh and I have one spare exhibitors vehicle permit for someone who will be turning up in a tin top and IS part of the Leugo group. If you would like, then u2u me with your address but you must be coming for all the days preferable arriving saturday.)
TICKET SPOKEN FOR

Also we need to orgainise who is bringing what to THE event.
I shall be bringing Gazebo
3 boxes of grolsch
several trays of single use charcoal & food supplies appropriate to my family.
Diff & drive shafts for Paul (notts)

Any other takers please.

[Edited on 17/4/07 by jollygreengiant]

Steve Lovelock - 17/4/07 at 09:24 PM

Hi, I will be camping Sunday only. So take it that I just turn up, see where you guys are camping and set up with you.

Should I get a ticket in advance?

bj928 - 17/4/07 at 09:34 PM

as long as everything goes to plan, i will be there with rolling viper chassis ( everything on target so far), i may be staying at my brothers not far away, but will hang around in the evening for a while, not sure till closer to the time what i will be in or on.

kitcarkris - 19/4/07 at 10:09 AM

ill come join you on the saturday with a few more crates or juice, and a another barbie or two plus food, will be in the kit
kris
P.S i think you've done a great job at organising this event for luego, sorry i could't be more help been busy away at university. see you soon

richard thomas - 19/4/07 at 02:09 PM

Be there Sun for Mon, bring what I can fit in, be beer mainly with some grub, will buy barbie locally...not sure i'll be able to fit the ice box in this time!

jollygreengiant - 19/4/07 at 07:29 PM

I trust that we will ALL be wearing our freshly cleaned Luego Owners Club shirts. I also trust that Kitcarcris will be bringing his order pad so that those without can be supplied ready for Newark and those that want moor can get more.

dsapsfo1 - 19/4/07 at 09:05 PM

How can us newbies go about getting hold of an owners club t-shirt then?

Paradoxia0 - 19/4/07 at 11:37 PM

Isn't a bit geeky to have matching club shirts?

But who cares!! I want one too

Hoping I will make it to Stoneleigh (in the tintop) on one of the days... If you guy only had one day which should I aim for?

Also, it'll be nice to finally meet some of you guys and see some real life working kit cars rather than my mechano set

Mark

jollygreengiant - 20/4/07 at 01:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dsapsfo1
How can us newbies go about getting hold of an owners club t-shirt then?

Kitcarkris was the man who organised said Tshirts. But I believe that we do need to speek to him nicely.

[Edited on 20/4/07 by jollygreengiant]

dsapsfo1 - 20/4/07 at 08:59 AM

Sorry, what I should have written is.......

How can us newbies go about getting hold of an owners club t-shirt then, please?

kitcarkris - 20/4/07 at 10:15 PM

right, spoke to the company who made them last time but they wouldn't be able to turn the order round for definate so heres the plan:
i will be taking orders for the shirts at stoneleigh, ill then send them out in the posty and then we should have them for the rest of the season, sorry for the slowwww reply,
see you all there

kitcarkris - 20/4/07 at 10:15 PM

right, spoke to the company who made them last time but they wouldn't be able to turn the order round for definate so heres the plan:
i will be taking orders for the shirts at stoneleigh, ill then send them out in the posty and then we should have them for the rest of the season, sorry for the slowwww reply,
see you all there

perci - 21/4/07 at 06:55 AM

WE WILL BE ARRIVING SATURDAY AFTER NOON WITH VIENTO AND TIN TOP TO CARRY SUPPLIES, HAVE BOOKED TO CAMP ALL WEEKEND, LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERY BODY, HOPE WEATHER STAYS FINE!!! BECKY AND PETE.

jollygreengiant - 21/4/07 at 09:05 AM

Top notch lad that Kitcarkris. Look forward to seeing you all there. I think it might be time to have a re-count on those attending 'cos I think its going to be a good one. Could be 20 or more if were good.

Danozeman - 23/4/07 at 04:40 PM

Ill be there with the wife in the tin top on sunday.

Ill pop along and say hello.

Paul (Notts) - 28/4/07 at 06:01 PM

Will be interesting to see if anyone from the new Luego company turns up to the show!!!

Paul.

jollygreengiant - 29/4/07 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Will be interesting to see if anyone from the new Luego company turns up to the show!!!

Paul.

This is very true. However come what may we will have enough people at the show to provide a good image of the make and either celebrate a unique marque or show what the future COULD be.

As reguard traveling to the show I shall be traveling up about noon. On arrival at the site I shall make for one of the camping area's (blocks 62, 7, 13, & 14 on the map). As you are looking at site map, I shall try to locate a camping area for our group bottom left hand corner of block 7. If that is already occupied then just look for a BRG metalic Vauxall omega 2.5V6 estate. I will get as close to that location as possible if it is already occupied.

I personally shall look forward to seeing you all there. Lets have A great weekend folks.

Clive.

rusty nuts - 29/4/07 at 03:09 PM

How about a mobile number Clive? may help meeting up at campsite. Should be there with Geoff around 1o'clock

Paul (Notts) - 29/4/07 at 04:16 PM

Should be arriving just after noon on saturday so will make for area 7 as suggested.

Edit - orange and black tent - silver Ford C-max

[Edited on 29/4/07 by Paul (Notts)] Rescued attachment map v.gif
Rescued attachment map v.gif

Steve Lovelock - 29/4/07 at 07:22 PM

will be arriving on Sunday, wont tell you what I'll be driving, do you think I'll still get to camp and park on section 7?

billy - 29/4/07 at 07:25 PM

im thinking of coming up in my kit, is there a free space for me ?

kitcarkris - 29/4/07 at 07:55 PM

ill be there on saturday afternoon, maybe early evening, anyone traveleing up from the south area on saturday and want to drive up in convoy (houest i do know the way)
kris

wilkingj - 29/4/07 at 10:10 PM

Rusty Nuts and I hope to be there about 1pm Sat, (correct me melvyn if I am wrong).
will head for Area 7.
Camping, Black Viento, and Grey / Blue Locost (Luego's of course)

rusty nuts - 30/4/07 at 05:15 PM

We should be there around 1PM but car has only done 15miles since engine rebuild and conversion to engine management system that still needs setting up . Don't be suprised if we are a little late .

jollygreengiant - 30/4/07 at 08:21 PM

Don't worry, kettle on OR bottle of beer at the ready.

dsapsfo1 - 1/5/07 at 11:23 AM

Well my Viento, complete with new engine, made it to work today, so all being well I'll be there mid-morning on Sunday....

Dan

NeilP - 1/5/07 at 09:19 PM

JollyGreenBigOne

Is there still a list of outstanding goodies required (sausages, beer, etc.)?

Will see what I can fit in (if DVLA get me my form back in time

wilkingj - 1/5/07 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
We should be there around 1PM but car has only done 15miles since engine rebuild and conversion to engine management system that still needs setting up . Don't be suprised if we are a little late .

Dont worry Melvyn... I'll pack the tow rope from the Land Rover. My Viento will still do a good turn of speed even with you tied to the back.
After all I have 4 cylinders for me and another 4 for you

jollygreengiant - 2/5/07 at 02:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
JollyGreenBigOne

Is there still a list of outstanding goodies required (sausages, beer, etc.)?

Will see what I can fit in (if DVLA get me my form back in time

At newark last year we all brought something useful in a VERY impromptu manner and it worked fine. I am bringing gazebo (we have a spare coming as well), gas cooker (fry ups), 3 boxes grolsch, food for me & kids (still not sure if wife coming) plus a bit, charcoal &/or bbq trays, diff Etc (already spoken 4). So if you can think of anything else then please bring.

Look forward to seeing all.
Clive.

jollygreengiant - 2/5/07 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by billy
im thinking of coming up in my kit, is there a free space for me ?

I'm sure we could find room.

Looking forward to seeing you there.
Clive.

billy - 2/5/07 at 08:15 PM

Any ideas what the weather forcast is for sunday??? its a long drive up for me and with no screen the motorway is gonna be very dull, and i dont fancy getting wet

Paul (Notts) - 2/5/07 at 08:42 PM

Yesterday the weather forcast for sunday was 18 sunny BUT today its forcast 18 overcast!!!

unlikely to rain until monday if at all...

Paul

Paul (Notts) - 2/5/07 at 08:44 PM

I am off to the shops on friday - what beer do people like...

I dont drink ( honest ) but will bring a fair bit with me

Paul

Edit - Had a few tonight already as I don’t want to go to work tomorrow – all seems to be doom and gloom at the moment.

[Edited on 2/5/07 by Paul (Notts)]

Edit - football not going to well either

[Edited on 2/5/07 by Paul (Notts)]

Barry - 2/5/07 at 09:00 PM

I've got permission to come on Sunday and stay till Monday.
It'll be good to see everyone again.

Richard Thomas you have U2U.

kitcarkris - 3/5/07 at 01:09 PM

colapsable chairs, these were very useful at newark if anybody has spare room id say take some, ill be taking a few,
kris

Snuggs - 3/5/07 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kitcarkris
colapsable chairs, these were very useful at newark if anybody has spare room id say take some, ill be taking a few,
kris

Morrisons are doing some really nice chairs in canvas covers for £10 for 2.

Hopefully SWMBO and I will be arriving about 2pm on Saturday .