Board logo

updated progress pics....
boggle - 10/1/10 at 06:02 PM

i have now got the engine in but im not sure if they normally sit so clos to the bulkhead? also my gear lever is very close....

opinions?

boggle

Miks15 - 10/1/10 at 06:18 PM

Looks like a pretty good fit to me! what are your gaps? If youve got an inch between engine/gearbox and chassis it should be fine

boggle - 10/1/10 at 06:25 PM

around 10mm

blakep82 - 10/1/10 at 06:31 PM

10mm is probably the minimum i'd say.

i think the orignal book said half inch should be the minimum, with is about 12mm, so should be find i'd say.

gear lever looks fine to me. you can always try and straighten it if its a problem

i seem to remember someone saying to me the facet pump of that type must be mounted vertically, otherwise they wear out pretty quick. don't know if thats right, but mine's going vertical anyway

[Edited on 10/1/10 by blakep82]

rusty nuts - 10/1/10 at 07:12 PM

You'll probably still struggle to reach the gear lever when strapped in . Have a look at David Jenkins site for gear lever remote, it'll move the gear lever backwards about 5" and will go under the chassis rail. Use a cateringvan gearbox mount, it's more rigid than the Sierra item and helps if clearances are a bit tight.

speedyxjs - 10/1/10 at 07:17 PM

10mm should be fine. Good pics

prawnabie - 10/1/10 at 07:22 PM

nice work - but how far you planning to go on that tank lol

MakeEverything - 10/1/10 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You'll probably still struggle to reach the gear lever when strapped in . Have a look at David Jenkins site for gear lever remote, it'll move the gear lever backwards about 5" and will go under the chassis rail. Use a cateringvan gearbox mount, it's more rigid than the Sierra item and helps if clearances are a bit tight.

- Or make one......

Ive been looking for a PDF which has the shapes that can be cut to make one...

Ive got a remote gear lever extension, but i already promised it to someone else nearby.

wilkingj - 10/1/10 at 08:12 PM

Engine Bays can always be tight, unless you have a Viento

Chippy - 10/1/10 at 11:09 PM

Thats not a tight engine bay, this is. Cheers Ray

Engine
Engine

scutter - 10/1/10 at 11:28 PM

10mm! I run 1-3mm from bellhousing to tunnel, i've not had an engine move rearwards yet!

ATB Dan.