Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So what do you think of it so far?
RazMan

posted on 18/6/05 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
So what do you think of it so far?

Finally got to the body 'trial fit' stage and I would value your comments and suggestions.

Here is a rear quarter view to start with ... Rescued attachment rearqtr.jpg
Rescued attachment rearqtr.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 18/6/05 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
The spoiler is going to be blended into the rear arches and is just propped in position until I am sure it looks right.

Rear window is just masking tape for the time being - it will also have a peak around the top edge.

[Edited on 18-6-05 by RazMan] Rescued attachment rear.jpg
Rescued attachment rear.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 18/6/05 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
The lights are just printed scans of the real item taped on (better than cutting bloomin great holes in the wrong place innit )

So what do you think guys?

[Edited on 18-6-05 by RazMan] Rescued attachment side.jpg
Rescued attachment side.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

Hellfire

posted on 18/6/05 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote

Scotty

posted on 18/6/05 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
looking good

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Fred W B

posted on 18/6/05 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest, I would prefer it with a "proper" wing that stands up on a support, with end plates, like you see on Ultimas etc. Just my opinion

Cheers

Fred W B

RazMan

posted on 18/6/05 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, I know what you mean Fred, but I am not a big fan of the alloy wings. I am going for a more 'production' look I suppose and wanted something a tad more conservative.

The spoiler pictured came from a Scooby but when it blends into the body it should look like it belongs to my car (hopefully)

Cheers,
Raz

donut

posted on 18/6/05 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Very yummy!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

jonno

posted on 18/6/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
yeap, looking very nice
Ben_Copeland

posted on 18/6/05 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Very Nice

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

zetec

posted on 18/6/05 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I went to see Aeon at their factory and was very impressed and looking at your car I suspect it will look fantastic.

If I build another car the Aeon would be one of my choices. The guy knows his stuff and deserves to do well, and when you see the stuff he turns out in his main factory I suspect quality is very high.

I fancy the Audi TT engined route.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

RazMan

posted on 18/6/05 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
John & Keith at Aeon certainly know their stuff (one of the main reasons I decided to go with the GT) My car isn't a standard version and is actually going to end up being a hybrid - somewhere between the coupe and spider. Although I liked both versions I wanted something different (being an awkward b*gger ) The chassis is exactly the same as standard except I have gone for a two seater instead of three.

The TT turbo engine has had good reports at their recent track day (I couldn't make it) but I hope my V6 Duratec will do the trick too.

Cheers,
Raz

RazMan

posted on 19/6/05 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Heres my crude Photoshop blending of the spoiler - but it gives you an idea what I am going for Rescued attachment Rear wing ideas3.jpg
Rescued attachment Rear wing ideas3.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

jonno

posted on 19/6/05 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice, but its gonna take a few hours to get it looking that good in the flesh ( think its going to be worth it thou ) Are you going to paint it or keep the gel coat ?
RazMan

posted on 19/6/05 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely painting it, although I may wait until after SVA (just in case of any last minute changes)

It will probably end up a similar metallic blue - possible even blue & silver as they look pretty good together. I got the gel coat in blue so that stonechips wouldn't show up too much.

I initially thought about six months to get it to the rolling chassis stage and a further six months to get the body right.

Cheers,
Raz

RazMan

posted on 19/6/05 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
A slightly better version - with (ahem)certain enhancements

Does my bum look big in this? Rescued attachment REAR 5.jpg
Rescued attachment REAR 5.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

Sven

posted on 20/6/05 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
A slightly better version - with (ahem)certain enhancements

Does my bum look big in this?

I like it ... however, and you were asking for opinions, I think the roof line above the spoiler needs to follow a similar radius to the spoiler, it looks kinda strange being flat when there's such a neat curve on the spoiler.

Alternatively maybe you could make the spoiler flat on the top or copy to roof line?

-Steve

RazMan

posted on 20/6/05 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent point Steve. The roof line is indeed very flat compared to the spoiler and it didn't occur to me before.
I haven't really started on the centre section yet so I will take your suggestion on board and see what I can do when the time comes.

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.