Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "Classic" mid-engined sportscar..
akumabito

posted on 11/1/05 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
"Classic" mid-engined sportscar..

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, and while I'm not building any cars (I'm just a "poor" student), I do like to mess around a bit with PhotoShop..

Here's something I just made.. hope you like it:

The original picture was of a Ronart W152, in my opinion one of the best looking kitcars around... It's not the greatest quality picture I've ever made, because I started out with a low-res picture of the car, and also, I didn't really put that much time in it.. hope you still like it anyway.

Mark Allanson

posted on 11/1/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
a bigger version of this Rescued attachment Brookebeach02.jpg
Rescued attachment Brookebeach02.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

tom_loughlin

posted on 11/1/05 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
poor student - what do you think out student loans are for?
it wont be long till you start building a car
all the best mate,
Tom
(another poor student)

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/1/05 at 01:53 AM Reply With Quote
I agree, use your student loan for something useful! I've blown the majority of mine on my car (more than I care to mention in fact!), and it's well worth it. Also, you can sell a car and get some money back, you can't do that with beer...

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tom_loughlin

posted on 12/1/05 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
pete, thats exactly my oppinion on these cars...
surely its better to have something at the end of uni that you can enjoy (hopefully wont need to sell), than pissing it up against a wall and having nothing to show for it!
Tom

akumabito

posted on 12/1/05 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Here is the original picture I used..

akumabito

posted on 28/1/05 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
I really have no money at the moment, but I guess it never hurts to get some more information..

What do you guys think about the weight? Do you think it's possible to have a Jaguar V12 mated to an Audi transaxle in it, and still keep the weight under 750kg?

And a question about Ron Champion's book; can it only be used to build a seven-like vehicle? Or does it also explain about suspension geometry, and other important things? Have any of you middy builders used the book when designing/building your car?

Arthur Dent

posted on 4/2/05 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
the Jaguar V12 is really, really heavy - something like 700lbs

'The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.' Douglas Adams

kb58

posted on 4/2/05 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I recall hearing that same weight. Add a transmission to that and it may hit 1000lbs, or 500kg or so. That drivetrain would be a poor choice is something set up primarily for handling, but perfect in a cruiser.

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.