Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike power, mid engine, road legal, production??
Mave

posted on 15/4/04 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget the AS One:
http://www.automotivesolutions.de/auswahl_uk.php?check=0&res=1

Really nice looking car, and the bodywork lends itself to some relatively easy DIY: a lot of flat, or single curvature faces.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
N*E*R*D

posted on 19/5/04 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all <--- Newb

i like that but the price is taking the (fill in ####)
Aren’t the radical guys building a bike V8 USING?
Two tops of hayabusa engine Reboard to make 3000 cc
And a bespoke bottom end + Crank, if it works it will be the nearest thing to a formula 1 engine I think we will get and a great basis for a mid engine kit car
Just a thought

"Good Bad I'm the guy with the gun"

Alez

posted on 31/5/04 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mave
Don't forget the AS One:
http://www.automotivesolutions.de/auswahl_uk.php?check=0&res=1

Really nice looking car, and the bodywork lends itself to some relatively easy DIY: a lot of flat, or single curvature faces.

That's interesting, there are a lot of midi cars which share the lightweight / minimalistic concept (from the sophisticated Attack to the more kit car oriented models with no doors like the Mojo or whatever else), but none that I know have been designed with a DIY mind like the Locost is (folded sheet and so on). Yet I'm sure that some of these cars are better suited than others for the purpose of building a low cost version of the car (same chassis but cheap body and donor or generic parts all round, like lights and things like that). The original design that is going more clearly in that direction is the Gecko, but whenever I see other designs I just think "would it be possible to make a cheap version of this?".

Doc

posted on 5/6/04 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
How about the Fisher Fury Menace reviewed in both the kit car mags this month.
Alez

posted on 7/6/04 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doc
How about the Fisher Fury Menace reviewed in both the kit car mags this month.

I "discovered" it recently and started a thread about it. It looks good but.. I'd say it's not more than what it is in reality: a front engine chassis with a small engine (I mean in size) at the.. rear. Front wheels too far away. Engine too much to the rear. My personal feeling about it, although I really like its look.

cymtriks

posted on 10/6/04 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Strathcarron!!

Died suddenly and appears to have been resurected in Kool cars form as the 5exi.

Why oh why didn't Marlin/Kool Cars copy the reynard racing chassis and not just the body???

The poor Strath got fatter every time you heard about it. First it was 525Kg. Then 575 then over 600... The original bike concept ended up like an Elise sized car with a bike sized engine. Then came emissions rules that it couldn't pass. Lack of foresight or what? Everyone knew emissions regs were comming.

What a shame.

The last time I looked at an an MK GT1 chassis it had no triangulation at all at the front and barely any around the engine bay and rear suspension. I do hope they fixed that.

Whatever came of the midtech? It seemed to do Ok for a short time in the early nineties. The odd option of paying extra for a cortina engine adaptor sticks in my mind. Why not put a Renault engine on a Renault transaxle? Or use an Audi eng/trans? Great idea though. I test drove one. The project got bought by someone and now by someone else... Surely with an Audi engine and box (no messing with adaptor plates) and a clean up to bring the fit and quality up to modern standards it'd do fine. Just a tip for anyone who trys taking over the midtech. Double Y brace the top of the engine bay and triangulate the top of the rear suspension region and the stiffness doubles.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.