Board logo

Baby steps.
Doug68 - 4/5/07 at 02:38 AM

It just baby steps right now but at least I'm getting started with the fab on the frame. Rescued attachment FrontTop01.jpg
Rescued attachment FrontTop01.jpg

Fred W B - 4/5/07 at 05:43 AM

Feels good to actually make some real parts

Cheers

Fred W B

Doug68 - 4/5/07 at 07:11 AM

That it does, I'm getting quite sick of stuffing about in the computer and want to get on with some 'real' things.

Chippy - 4/5/07 at 03:36 PM

Just had a scan through your archive, thats going to be one cool motor. Keep at it, worth the headaches. Ray

sgraber - 6/5/07 at 03:09 PM

Looking forward to seeing this!

Best wishes,

Graber

rpmagazine - 8/5/07 at 11:02 AM

well done, nice beam there. I'm a bit behind you as RC's etc are still getting worked out.

Doug68 - 8/5/07 at 11:38 AM

I think you'll catch up, for a start I'm going to be separated from the shed for a few weeks due to a business trip

thomas4age - 9/5/07 at 02:13 AM

Hey Doug,

Nice!

are you going to do anything special to the engine?

grtz Thomas

Doug68 - 9/5/07 at 04:29 AM

The main thing for the engine to start with is that it runs.
I'm trying not to think too much about what to do with the engine before I've got the car on the road as I might be building and ill handling chunk of poo anyway, in which case the stock motor will be scary enough.

Doug68 - 24/6/07 at 01:01 PM

Just so you don't think I've flaked on you all...
A little more progress.

Doug68 - 10/11/07 at 01:40 PM

Got myself a tube notcher and went mad with it until I ran out of tube.

There's still an X to go in the roof, roll bar braces and more 1" box to go into the frame yet, but I've run out of material so this is as far as I'm going to get this weekend at least.

It's hard to believe it was 7 months ago I started fabbing the the thing, on the one hand that doesn't seem so long ago on the other I'm always wondering WTF is taking me so long to get done.

Tube in middle of roof and small vertical tube are there as a jig to keep the windscreen frame in the correct place. I need to cut them out now.

[Edited on 10/11/07 by Doug68] Rescued attachment Roof.jpg
Rescued attachment Roof.jpg