woodster - 27/4/12 at 12:17 PM

this looks nice

http://www.zcars.org.uk/UniversalKitWeb/

loggyboy - 27/4/12 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by woodster
this looks nice

http://www.zcars.org.uk/UniversalKitWeb/

Looks expensive.. £6230+Vat unfitted, and i dont think that includes an engine and you still need to find a light enough car to put it in!

[Edited on 27/4/12 by loggyboy]

HowardB - 27/4/12 at 12:28 PM

that is one tidy way of doing a BEC,... but then if one can afford that money

tegwin - 27/4/12 at 12:29 PM

Is that £6000+ for a tiny little engine frame?! WOW!

I will do you one and fit it to a car for that

[Edited on 27/4/12 by tegwin]

fesycresy - 27/4/12 at 12:33 PM

That's nearly 25 locosts!

Fair play to Z Cars if they can punt a few of them out at that price

FASTdan - 27/4/12 at 12:37 PM

It does include a front subframe and componentry too - though there must still be a massive amount of customization depending on what car its going in. What about things like track measurement etc?

Interesting concept though and I do like what they do with minis

blakep82 - 27/4/12 at 12:41 PM

yep, thats a lot for an engine cradle... a bit of care and work and most of us (maybe not me yet...) could knock one of those up for maybe £200-300 quid of steel. in fact clairetoo made a similar contraption for her V6 MX5
off the jig 2
off the jig 2

and that zcars one say universal, so that'll just drop into any mini, fiat 500, mk1 fiesta etc? its unlikely to be a perfect fit really...

designer - 27/4/12 at 12:46 PM

There is always someone, somewhere, with enough money to think nothing of paying that much.

In engineering terms, it's 5X overpriced.

Minicooper - 27/4/12 at 12:59 PM

It's a lot more than an engine cradle, but I agree it's still adds up to an expensive conversion, it's for a car engine usually the honda 2 litre k20 I believe?

It wouldn't fit a mini or a fiat 500, it's meant for the small to mid size hatchbacks

David

[Edited on 27/4/12 by Minicooper]

T66 - 27/4/12 at 02:43 PM

Im not sure who will buy this sort of thing, because if you can build one of their subframes into a car properly so it drives and brakes straight and doesnt fall out, then surely you would be capable of making the subframe yourself.

I would imagine most they sell they will install themselves.

I like the zcars theme with Minis/Fiats etc, but they are really really expensive for what they are.