Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 200SX info Please ?
big_wasa

posted on 16/3/06 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
200SX info Please ?

I have been offered a 200sx for next to nothing.

Its with out engine box and loom ect but otherwise complete.

The car is well rusty but I understand it has an LSD and rear discs and big front brakes ect.

can anyone tell me if it would be suitable for a 7 type car.

regards warren

muzchap

posted on 16/3/06 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Not all 200sx's have LSD's?

What year is it - depends whether its an S13, S13A? or S14 (i think they are the variants)

I can get ya the number of a 200sx expert ;-)

He 'Drifts' those things silly!

Murray

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

big_wasa

posted on 16/3/06 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
its the 1.8 s13 turbo on a k or j and had the auto box thats as much as I know

[Edited on 16/3/06 by big_wasa]

pewe

posted on 16/3/06 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Warren, reason it's been offered at next to nothing is that it's worth next to nothing. Unless you're hell bent on doing it there are cheaper/easier ways of getting decent performance from 7 clone. The diff is relatively large with an oil cooler attached - to me that means it is marginal in terms of durability. Spares for it are either expensive/hard to find as we know from owning one for a year or so. Great drift car but too many unforeseen probs converting the running gear to a kit-car, but what the hell would be interesting!Cheers Pewe.
muzchap

posted on 16/3/06 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Pewe

I'd stick to a ford running gear ;-)

I have a DIFF (not lsd) + driveshafts and rear calipers (cheap) if ya want em? Unfortunately sold the carriers to somebody else...

Then if ya get an LSD - just swap it out - as they are LOBRO's and interchangeable

If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

big_wasa

posted on 16/3/06 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps I new I could rely on you lot. It wasnt the cash it was the time involved and not having stuck my nose underneath one I wasnt sure.

Thanks again

RazMan

posted on 16/3/06 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I used to own an S13 for five years - great tuning potential. My one was dyno'd at 296 bhp when I sold it

The engine is very strong and will produce 260+ bhp with just a bigger turbo (from the S14), intercooler and induction kit.

Diffs are pretty good but gearboxes tend to get whiney on high mileage. There are still some good examples around if you are prepared to look around. Try the SXOC for spares too.

As for running gear, I would go with Sierra items as its been done thousands of times and parts are easily sourced.
Rescued attachment 200sx_1.jpg
Rescued attachment 200sx_1.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.