Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: electric reverse
tjoh84

posted on 11/3/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
electric reverse

hiya where did you get your electric reverse how hard is it to fit and hopw muchs please cheers terry
Hugh_

posted on 11/3/08 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is a fireblade starter motor which engages via a cable on the flywheel (bike engine so behind the gearbox).

I don't like it because I keep stretching the cable (2mm), does a very good milkfloat impression and stalls the engine everytime I use it (yes even if you rev it!). The car is sufficiently light that its never a problem pushing it even uphill, so I'm going to be removing the system next winter.

contaminated

posted on 11/3/08 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh_
Mine is a fireblade starter motor which engages via a cable on the flywheel (bike engine so behind the gearbox).

I don't like it because I keep stretching the cable (2mm), does a very good milkfloat impression and stalls the engine everytime I use it (yes even if you rev it!). The car is sufficiently light that its never a problem pushing it even uphill, so I'm going to be removing the system next winter.

You mean it's not a problem unless you end up facing the wrong way on the A20 Hugh

Crazy Eddie

posted on 11/3/08 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Andy at AB performance did mine.

1 slight teething problem took 10 mins to sort out and hasn't missed a beat since excellent system and excellent service too

www.EdwardsSchoolOfMotoring.co.uk
For online shopping that earns you money : Ei42.com

nitram38

posted on 11/3/08 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
My electric reverse was bought from lynxae.co.uk It cost £340 but is custom made for an engine with chain drive.
An extra cog is put on in place of the nut that holds the output cog on.
The starter is a high torque, low current geared one with solenoid.
Speak to Jon at lynx as he can supply you with the correct set up for most bike engines (possibly prop drives too).
Reverse setup
Reverse setup

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

itiejim

posted on 11/3/08 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a Fisher one on my Fury - it's brilliant. Personally I always turn the engine off before using it so as not to stress the alternator. I've bought an decent race battery for it and it runs without problems.
Hugh_

posted on 12/3/08 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminated
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh_

You mean it's not a problem unless you end up facing the wrong way on the A20 Hugh

I didn't use it then, you see I chose which roundabout to spin on so impeccably that I had enough room to simply get on my way again Still doesn't excuse the incident in the first place though

Kriss

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
I am getting an electric reverse fitted to my R1 Indy. Chris had to get a new prop made up for the application though.

Will let you know how I get on, only a couple of weeks left hopefully.

I just think the filkfloat sound will be comedy though.

How are they against graident? camber on a road, compared to a multi storey car park angel?

I only intend to use it in the pit garages on the flat or pub car parks etc.

jimgiblett

posted on 12/3/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
I am getting an electric reverse fitted to my R1 Indy. Chris had to get a new prop made up for the application though.

Are you fitting to the sierra diff nose?

Who is Chris?

Why was a change to the prop required.

Cheers

- Jim

Crazy Eddie

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Chris is from BEC center

Here is a pic of mine to give an idea of sprocket on diff nose.
My props had to be replaced because I was taking out the Westfield Reverse box but don't know about other ways naturally

As far as going up inclines mine went up my trailer once and that was about as steep as I would want to use it on.
Round the flat no worries at all although I have a Car battery I still have the engine on at tickover and no issues

Kriss

posted on 12/3/08 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
not sure why a prop had to be made for it but I am sure I can find out. yeah its Chris at the BEC center building it. and yes its going into a x4x 3.62 diff it that helps

neat little button you got there for your reverse

Crazy Eddie

posted on 12/3/08 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
not sure why a prop had to be made for it but I am sure I can find out. yeah its Chris at the BEC center building it. and yes its going into a x4x 3.62 diff it that helps

neat little button you got there for your reverse

Maybe there is not enough play in the current prop to allow for the sprocket?

Yeah button quite funky built into the lever.

I then added a micro switch so that reverse had to be engaged before button was live (otherwise I had images of little sh*tes leaning over and pressing the BIG RED BUTTON!!! )

jimgiblett

posted on 13/3/08 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
After I have got SVA out of the way I think I'll be giving Chris a call.

I guess I just need to ensure i have enough movement in the slider section to insert the ring gear.

- Jim

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.