Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cbr 1000 - clutch, etc
xico_ze54

posted on 24/8/06 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
cbr 1000 - clutch, etc

Hi all,

1. bought a 1994 CBR 1000 engine, but I can't see how solve the problem of clutch.
I think there's no room for either propshaft path and clutch cylinder.
How do people who utilized this engine solve this problem?
and what kind of master cylinder must be used at the pedalbox?

2. in reutilizing CBR's instruments panel, how can we connect the speedometer, once in the origin it was connected to the center of sprocket?

3. this engine is in analysation. what kind of major points can I check to see if everything is allright?

any advices concerning other issues of this engine, I apreciate to learn about.

thks in advance.

Amadeu Rescued attachment DSCF0754-2.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0754-2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
xico_ze54

posted on 24/8/06 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xico_ze54
Hi all,

1. bought a 1994 CBR 1000 engine, but I can't see how solve the problem of clutch.
I think there's no room for either propshaft path and clutch cylinder.
How do people who utilized this engine solve this problem?
and what kind of master cylinder must be used at the pedalbox?

2. in reutilizing CBR's instruments panel, how can we connect the speedometer, once in the origin it was connected to the center of sprocket?

3. this engine is in analysation. what kind of major points can I check to see if everything is allright?

any advices concerning other issues of this engine, I apreciate to learn about.

thks in advance.

Amadeu
Rescued attachment DSCF0755-2.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0755-2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Shandylegs

posted on 24/8/06 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Look in the photo archive under the user name 'Kissy' for one option (Note: I never did drop him a thankyou note for taking the time to photo this when I was struggling for ideas!).

If you are careful there is actually just space to keeop the cylinder in it's original location. Cut the cover so there is room for the prop (You will obviously loose the speedo drive but I did not mind as I will be using an electronic device) You will probably have to remove the cylinder mounting lug nearest the prop, but a bracket can be fabricated to pick up on the bolt directly behind the bleed nipple. If I get chance I'll take a couple of photos of my solution.

Thanks
Duncan

xico_ze54

posted on 26/8/06 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shandylegs
Look in the photo archive under the user name 'Kissy' for one option (Note: I never did drop him a thankyou note for taking the time to photo this when I was struggling for ideas!).

If you are careful there is actually just space to keeop the cylinder in it's original location. Cut the cover so there is room for the prop (You will obviously loose the speedo drive but I did not mind as I will be using an electronic device) You will probably have to remove the cylinder mounting lug nearest the prop, but a bracket can be fabricated to pick up on the bolt directly behind the bleed nipple. If I get chance I'll take a couple of photos of my solution.

Thanks
Duncan

"Kissy" folder has nothing within it it's empty.

G.Man

posted on 26/8/06 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
look in the for sale folder

engine bay pics

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.