Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1998 Fireblade carb plumbing
chrisf

posted on 11/7/05 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
1998 Fireblade carb plumbing

Gents:

This is a pic of 1998 Fireblade carbs. What are these inlet/outlet tubes and where do they need to go?

--Thanks, Chris Rescued attachment CarbOutlets.JPG
Rescued attachment CarbOutlets.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisGamlin

posted on 11/7/05 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, both of them are breathers, they usually attach to the airbox so ideally you need to route them so they can breathe away from the carbs somewhere, but I just ran mine like that and they were fine, never breathed anything.

Chris

chrisf

posted on 11/7/05 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Chris:

You let them dangle about or did you put a fancy K&N filter on them? I just realized that there is a breather on the head as well. That too probably needs a filter as wel...

--Thanks, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisGamlin

posted on 12/7/05 at 05:23 AM Reply With Quote
It was probably not the ideal way but I just let them vent to fresh air, although a filter would be good. The big one in the middle, you could just put a boss on the bottom of your air filter plate and route that back into the induction side as on the bike?

Chris

mkblade

posted on 12/7/05 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
hi ya yes they do go to the air box im going down the garage tomorrow nite so i will check and get a pic

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.