Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sump modified
Peteff

posted on 21/10/04 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Sump modified

I got my zx9 sump back off Chris Gamlins' uncle John the other day and he's made a really nice job of it. I'm now in the process of making a baffle plate ready for refitting it. I've made some gaskets from gasket paper for either side of it and just have to fettle the plate a bit more. Excuse the picture but I took it with a webcam as batteries are flat. Rescued attachment sumpbits.jpg
Rescued attachment sumpbits.jpg

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jasper

posted on 21/10/04 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Very neat
ChrisGamlin

posted on 21/10/04 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you're pleased with the result

Chris

JoelP

posted on 21/10/04 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
how much does he charge Chris? Does he do baffling too? ive got two that need doing

ps is it an ally sump?

[Edited on 21/10/04 by JoelP]

ChrisGamlin

posted on 22/10/04 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Joel, yep it is ally.
What sump is it you need modding? For a ZX9 Sump chop and pickup mod like Pete's is £50 + postage, which includes some baffling around the pickup but not a baffle plate. For a blade sump plug mod to put the drain plug on the side its now £25 + postage.
If its anything else then send me a pic and a description of what you need doing and I'll see what he says.

Chris

[Edited on 22/10/04 by ChrisGamlin]

JoelP

posted on 22/10/04 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
hi chris. they are both zx9 sumps. is it ok just putting baffles round the pickup or is it better to have a full baffle plate in? i suppose this can be stuck in later (araldite?!) if necessary.

will be a few weeks yet cos they are both on the engines still. plus i need to measure if i actually need them chopping for a middy.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 22/10/04 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
TBH Im not sure how the ZX9 gets on without a baffle plate, with or without a chopped sump. The baffles my uncle puts in are put in as otherwise the newly shortened base of the sump would be quite flat and open so more likely to surge, but I would say that a correctly designed baffle plate would be helpful too.

Chris

[Edited on 22/10/04 by ChrisGamlin]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.