Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Custom BEC
Kwik

posted on 19/2/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Custom BEC

hi everyone, im new here, and got recomended by someone on another forum (they will find the thread eventually )

outline of my project is...

hayabusa powerd
rear wheel drive
chain drive
single seater
as close as possible to the dimensions of a mini...

im on my 8th design at the moment, and started a few weeks ago (im a fussy person, i discard ideas quickly)

instead of boring you with the previous designs, ill show you my 7th, and my latest which i just done today, bearing in mind i have only designed the chassis and body, nothing else yet...

and my 8th design with no body yet...

all comments welcome, and move if i posted in the wrong section

thanks
chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 19/2/10 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
8th chassis looks a much better design to me. no where near enough triangles in the 7th one. love the body on the 7th one though. also like the offset driving position in that body too... somewhere between the 2 would be good.
hmmm

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Humbug

posted on 19/2/10 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a good start. Design no, 7 looks a bit like the MEV Atomic underneath Rescued attachment Screenshot 2010-02-19 18.2701.jpg
Rescued attachment Screenshot 2010-02-19 18.2701.jpg

BenB

posted on 19/2/10 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Nice
Though your engine appears to be made out of Lego

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 19/2/10 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Nice
Though your engine appears to be made out of Lego

Stronger than your average bike engine then.

Kwik

posted on 19/2/10 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
on my 7th design, there is little cross membering because where the sheet metal is (which i made transparent for one of the pictures, it will act as the cross member... its just another way of doing it...

i loved designing car 7, but it just wouldnt work with the engine there... so i scrapped it.. but the body for car 8 will be pretty similar, but better.. and from solidworks' CFD analysis software i got good results from that body, so im happy with the design of it...

the only problem i see with the project is money, at the moment i have non but i plan on selling my mini at the end of the year (once restord) to fund this for the build next year... also getting a job is hard as i am only 17 and my first year of 6th form, though i might have got one... not definate though..

and yes, the engine does look like lego from some angles and anyeay, i thought that was what rebuilding your engine was...

thanks
chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammerhead

posted on 19/2/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
check out dpcars.net might be up your street
designer

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto, beat me to it!
Miks15

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
damn someone else younger than me starting to feel old at 18 now

By the way great looking car though!

james h

posted on 20/2/10 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
Another +1 for design 8.

You wouldn't go far wrong to look at a Formula Student car, they use a rear engine bike powered single seaters when they race. They throw a lot of money at their cars, and are always very well thought out.

James

matt_gsxr

posted on 20/2/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
If you are going to go with single-seater, then there are lots of designs out there.

A book that you might find interesting is amazon link

matt

Kwik

posted on 20/2/10 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
yep, got that book a while back, aswell as 2 other books purely for chassis design

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.