Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Even more busa questions.
Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Even more busa questions.

Undecided what to do with fueling, I have a std pump but how involved is modding the fuel rail and dishing the std pump ?

Still looking for that elusive banjo bolt, there must be a blown busa sat in a locostbuilders garage somewhere than can donate the bolt ? Rescued attachment missing in action.jpg
Rescued attachment missing in action.jpg

iiyama

posted on 22/4/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Heres my set up Jon, but be aware that it was not Locost!

As for the banjo, refresh my memory! There are two flexis used for oil on the Busa, (unless this is for the oil cooler?). One lubes the cam chain tensioner and the other is at the back of the engine close to the exhaust. The latter I replaced with a stainless hose as I felt that it was going to get pretty hot in this area. The former Ive removed completly as I have a manual cam tensioner fitted. I have the banjos for the hose that I replaced and they are surplus to my requirements!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
hi its the one at the bottom of the engine water pump/sprocket side, the largest one on there.

What did you do fuel rail wise, swap or modify ?

Steve Hignett

posted on 22/4/09 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Jon,

Try Malc at MB Customs for the banjo bolt. He's a top fella and should be able to help - just don't mention you are from here cos he was kicked off for offering to sell a complete R1 engine for the £300 it cost him...

MBCustoms
01323 743733

[Edited on 22/4/09 by Steve Hignett]

iiyama

posted on 22/4/09 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel rail is this:-

http://www.bigccracing.com/shop/product.asp?idproduct=34&source=thumb

Fuel pump and pressure reg are Aeromotive.

Ill take a gander tomorrow re banjo.....

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking a more locost version like drill n tap the rail and and a pressure reg/return, but what pressure and as/can it be done ?

richard thomas

posted on 22/4/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I have a modded rail - just as you said, has a return welded to the end alloy pipe between the throttle bodies. Fed by a sierra fuel pump with a pressure regulator after the rail to adjust the pressure as required

iiyama

posted on 23/4/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel pressure on the Hayabusa is 43psi

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 23/4/09 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
There is no need to modify the fuel rail.

Run the high pressure fuel line from the fuel pump (best placed under or level with the bottom of the tank) to a fuel pressure regulator, and then run a low pressure line from the regulator return outlet to the fuel tank return. Set the regulator to the desired fuel pressure (I think it is 3 Bar but will check and edit). I attached a pressure guage to the regulator to measure this. You then have fuel in the high pressure fuel line at the correct pressure.

All that then remains it to put a T-piece in the high pressure fuel line and use it to run a high pressure fuel hose to the fuel rail. No need for a return from the fuel rail or any modifications to it.

Please note I have not included filters in my description but it is adviseable to put one on the low pressure side of the pump, and some double up by putting one on the high pressure side a well.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

richard thomas

posted on 23/4/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Having a t-piece in the rail helps prevent airlocks in the rail- I suffered from this.....

Jason Fletcher

posted on 23/4/09 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
My Busa engine is a K8 and has the plastic fuel rail which has a centre feed so I simply used a normal regulator with the three fittings. one of the top fittings was the supply, the other one was the fuel rail feed and the one at the bottom was the return. Works perfectly and really easy to do.

You can just see it on this pic here

Jason

cosmick

posted on 24/4/09 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Busa Fuel Pump

I Have a Megabusa and have fitted a Suzuki Hayabusa in tank Fuel Pump. there are a number of reasons. Firstly its the right pump for the job. it regulates the pressure inside the tank thus doing away with the need for a pressure regulator at the engine side and you only need one pipe to supply the rail. this makes the installation much neater. i have also moved the fuel connector on the rail to the other end of the throttle bodies so that it is closer to the bulkhead.
Hope this helps.

Jon Ison

posted on 24/4/09 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmmm, now there is a plan. Thank you.

As for the banjo, still desperatly seeking one.

cosmick

posted on 28/4/09 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Busa Fuel Pump

Here is my set up. i think you will find it is neat and tidy as it looks standard.[img]http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/a935658-MEGABUSA_046[1].jpg[/img]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.