Board logo

Koenig Billet sump with swivel pick up ?
Jon Ison - 27/7/08 at 06:20 PM

Anyone any experience of these ?

Good ?

Bad ?

If good best supplier ? ie best price ?

Ta.

Jon Ison - 27/7/08 at 06:39 PM

this........... Rescued attachment sump.jpg
Rescued attachment sump.jpg

worX - 27/7/08 at 06:41 PM

Lyn (Fesycresy) has done some research into these and rates them quite highly (I think it's that model).

Steve

macspeedy - 27/7/08 at 07:35 PM

yip i have one of them

watch what year its for i have had a few minor problems, look back at my previous posts for problems, i bought it from America from these guys

[Edited on 27/7/08 by macspeedy]

macspeedy - 27/7/08 at 07:37 PM

previous posts

TimC - 27/7/08 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Anyone any experience of these ?

Good ?

Bad ?

If good best supplier ? ie best price ?

Ta.

It's better be good if the 6 hour is on at Mallory again and Gerrards is dry!

imp paul - 28/7/08 at 06:27 AM

don't know if they do busa sumps but they do zx12r swinging pickup sumps here http://www.novaracing.co.uk/products.htm

[Edited on 28/7/08 by imp paul]

iiyama - 28/7/08 at 06:36 AM

These sumps are designed for drag bikes and as such the arm will swing a maximum of twice each run. On a car they will be moving all the time and those in the know say that because of this the swinging mechanism can wear.

I can see arguments for and against this theory and so went with a sry sump in the end where the pro' far outwiegh the cons!

Jon Ison - 28/7/08 at 08:35 PM

Should be ok emersed in oil ? How does it swing, are they on a bearing ?

eddbaz - 30/7/08 at 02:33 PM

if you look at the picture of the keoing sump the pickup doesn't swing 360 deg as it is designed for a drag bike that moves in a straight line and the oil surge is produced by hard acceleration in one direction only,when used in a car you have to consider the surge under cornering as well,if you look at the swing pickup billet sump from ab performane you can see the pickup swings a full 360 deg which is what is needed if fitting this type of sump to a car.

imp paul - 30/7/08 at 06:06 PM

this is mine from nova raceing

Koss - 14/8/08 at 03:09 AM

I have the koenig hayabusa sump for my turbo zcars Monte Carlo. Looking at it the sump will hold almost twice as much oil as the standard busa sump with the shark fin removed.
In my case the car will be drag raced and it seems the ideal set-up. The swivel pick up is totally submerged in oil and has a precision ground bearing surface, so I doubt there will be any issues concerning wear. I cannot see any problems arising using this sump in a seven type application due to the fact it caries more oil and it would take some serious G force to empty it.

Just my 2ps