Board logo

Digital Gear Indicator and Small Wheel
mike smith1 - 15/3/07 at 10:09 AM

Hi Guys,

Can you please post up pics of where you have located your digi gear indicators once you have the small steering wheel fitted dont want to fit it with the sierra wheel and not be able to see it once we have changed to a smaller one!

Cheers

Mike

nitram38 - 15/3/07 at 10:19 AM

This is going to be my dash layout. My steering wheel is 300mm dia and the switches will be within the 127mm projection exclusion zone around the wheel.
dash drawing
dash drawing

Mr Whippy - 15/3/07 at 11:34 AM

cricky I just drilled holes all over the place whiles watching the telly!

designer - 15/3/07 at 12:16 PM

If the steering wheel is central to the lower cut out, will you be able to see the dash?

Hellfire - 15/3/07 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mike smith1
Hi Guys,

Can you please post up pics of where you have located your digi gear indicators once you have the small steering wheel fitted dont want to fit it with the sierra wheel and not be able to see it once we have changed to a smaller one!

Cheers

Mike

Mike, why not just wait and fit it after SVA when you've ditched the Sierra wheel?

Phil

nitram38 - 15/3/07 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
If the steering wheel is central to the lower cut out, will you be able to see the dash?

The two gauges can be seen through the wheel and I have a V2 veypor dash:

[img][/img]

mike smith1 - 15/3/07 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by mike smith1
Hi Guys,

Cheers

Mike

Mike, why not just wait and fit it after SVA when you've ditched the Sierra wheel?

Phil

Could do but dont wanna do to much messing around after SVA, just wanna spend the time in the car and not working on it!

Mike

asn163 - 15/3/07 at 05:35 PM

Hi Mike, not seen you for a while. Here's. where we put ours:

dash
dash

May try setting it into the dash at some point.

Simon

[Edited on 15/3/07 by asn163]