Board logo

2005 R1 Headers
Paul TigerB6 - 5/3/07 at 09:28 PM

Evening all,

Just been trawling the list for info on 04 - 06 spec R1 exhausts. Whats the opinions on the various offerings from MK / MNR / MAC1 etc. I am pretty convinced that an equal length 4-2-1 system is the way to go like this below by MNR but £600 seems a little out of my price range at the moment. Anyone know any good fabricators in the North West at all ??

Ta
Paul Rescued attachment race-exhaust.jpg
Rescued attachment race-exhaust.jpg

stevec - 5/3/07 at 09:33 PM

I think if you want something like that £600 or there abouts is a number you will have to get used to, (at least)
Steve.

[Edited on 5/3/07 by stevec]

zxrlocost - 5/3/07 at 09:35 PM

hi paul depending on how much you want to spend I doubt youd ever notice the difference with a cheaper normal ss 4-1 exhaust your car is still gonna be a ballisitic missile

Paul TigerB6 - 5/3/07 at 10:13 PM

LOL. Me being me want LOADSA POWER!! The more the better. Just want it cheap!! Think i got too spoilt with my 55 plate engine so cheap though!!

I may have to get a manifold custom made however in order to clear the chassis. I fitted the engine back as far back as it would go (possibly too far!!) Will drop the engine back in on Thursday after i get my new hoist and post a few pics / take some measurements

[Edited on 5/3/07 by Paul TigerB6]