Board logo

Fireblade clocks, struggling to get anywhere
mark chandler - 14/1/07 at 06:08 PM

Hi all,

I have a set of blade clocks, these came without a loom so I have pieced out all the wires from the multiplug and started to wire up.

All easy things are now done, lights indicators et al, but I cannot get anything out of the rev counter or speedo (digital trip shows mileage covered and temp gauge works okay).

I,m trying to run these from a 893 blade engine, this seems to have a slightly later ignition module as it includes TPS wiring, anway the yellow green tacho lead is live so it should be okay.

On the blade the odometer sensor has three wires, where do these go and any ideas on which pins the tacho goes on ?

Cheers Mark Rescued attachment PC140041.jpeg
Rescued attachment PC140041.jpeg

esn163 - 14/1/07 at 06:19 PM

Hi

Speed sensor wires are:

pink/green - speed pulse to clocks
green/black - sensor (-) on clocks and also T to earth
black - sensor live from fuse box

tacho is the yellow/green from ECU should go straight to clocks

HTH

Ed

[Edited on 14/1/07 by esn163]

the_fbi - 14/1/07 at 07:02 PM

Not sure if you have this.

Looking at the back of my clocks (same as yours) the connector is actually 2 rows, so not sure how it matches up with the pic. Rescued attachment dashplug.jpg
Rescued attachment dashplug.jpg

mark chandler - 14/1/07 at 08:03 PM

Hi,

The problem I have is no loom so I cannot identify the correct pins by wire colour....

From the rear I have 2 x set of 6 pins top row and 2 x set of 4 pins bottom row.

The bottom row controls mostly lights, lhs is batt powered ie indicator and head light, rhs looks for an earth to trigger so neutral and oil.

I there any chance you could provide me with correct pins by colour ? However you count I can work out by what I now know.

Cheers Mark

the_fbi - 14/1/07 at 08:32 PM

Didn't even know I had the bike loom hanging around.

Sorry for the massive glare.

2nd pic, the green with black trace is on one of the short rows on its own.

Blade Dash Wiring 1
Blade Dash Wiring 1

[img]/upload/dashcon2s.jpg[/img]

[Edited on 14/1/07 by the_fbi]

mark chandler - 14/1/07 at 11:02 PM

Great, thanks very much for this, hopefully I can progress, either that or bin it and go Acewell.

Cheers Mark

mark chandler - 14/1/07 at 11:42 PM

Trying to wprk my way through this is as far as I get, please can you confirm

the_fbi - 15/1/07 at 08:02 PM

I think your 2 rows of pins got crossed at some point.

This is looking at the wire entry to the back of the loom connector. So should match up with looking at the rear of your clocks.

mark chandler - 15/1/07 at 09:00 PM

Cheers,

I think mine clock is slightly different as I have added a couple more earths on the LHS top and Yippee I now have a tacho and dragging the speedo wire across the frame I get up to 70mph.

I have tried using an ABS sensor to trigger the speedo with zero success so must now work out what I need, I suspect a coil and magnets will get that up and running.

Many thanks Mark