Board logo

Brakes?
d8mok - 20/10/06 at 06:47 PM

I'm about to buy some new front calipers for my stuart taylor locost.

Am i right in thinking that my calipers will be M16 and my uprights will be cortina??

If so i was going to buy the wilwood direct replacement m16 powerlite calipers at 99.50 + vat each caliper and use my current drilled solid 247mm discs. Am i correct??

Is rally design best place to buy from?

cheers

mark chandler - 20/10/06 at 09:48 PM

They should be, my light weight calipers have a spacer between the two halves to accept vented discs so by removing this I can use standard.

My hubs are fitted with 2.8i capri vented discs so my spacers are in.

Not sure if that helps really as they are not wilwood. Need a pic of the upright to tell what it is.

Regards Mark

phil_far - 22/10/06 at 06:16 AM

The answers to your questions are all yes. Mine are the midilite but they all fit with the spacer provided with the calipers. Rally Design is the place for you! Rescued attachment P5200001.JPG
Rescued attachment P5200001.JPG

mad-butcher - 22/10/06 at 11:58 AM

try gts tuning I was quoted about £50 cheaper for the complete package, Don't forget you can't use your standard braided hoses it's a different thread on the caliper, gts do an adapter,
I was thinking of upgrading my brakes for trackday use till some-one pointed out that i would be better upgrading the tyres, as the only benefit is in unsprung weight. thinking about it logically if the calipers can stop a sierra they should be (and are ) more than capable of stopping an MK
Tony