Board logo

Clock loom/pin-out help!
chrisf - 21/6/05 at 08:06 PM

Gents:

My fireblade engine came with a Westfield-modified engine loom. The previous owner used aftermarket gauges and did not keep the clock loom bit: the plug. I bought my standard Honda gauge cluster but do not have a way to interface with it. Moreover, I cannot find a wiring diagram that has the pin-outs listed. I enquired about and evidently, one can only get the entire loom, not just the plug.

Any ideas? I rather like the gauges but don’t fancy spending $100-$200 on the engine loom—especially since I already have one.

--Thanks, Chris

jambojeef - 21/6/05 at 09:24 PM

Hi Chris,

I had the same problem - Ive gone down this route to start with maybe think of something better later.....

Get some network cable or other single core wire which comes in stranded pairs and cut 20 (or however many you need) into about 10cm long sections. Solder onto the clocks. Solder leads onto any old connector you like and bind the lot up with self amalgamating tape with something like an old plastic ruler to prevent flex.

Very locost!

Geoff

ReMan - 21/6/05 at 10:27 PM

I might be able to help with the pin outs,
depends on the age.
Show us a pic of your clocks, they may also have a letter such as B/BGon the body, this ties with the wiring diag.
Also some have screw terminals on the clock bodies which you could use, again depends on age, and also small (5mm?) standard uninsulated crimped spades fit directly onto the clock sub-loom plugs.
HTH

chrisf - 22/6/05 at 12:55 PM

OK, here are the pics of the clocks and the pins. Rescued attachment Clocks2.JPG
Rescued attachment Clocks2.JPG

chrisf - 22/6/05 at 12:56 PM

Rescued attachment Clocks.JPG
Rescued attachment Clocks.JPG

chrisf - 22/6/05 at 12:56 PM

Rescued attachment Clocks3.JPG
Rescued attachment Clocks3.JPG

chrisf - 24/6/05 at 02:17 PM

So gents, any idea how to determine which pin goes to what? I'd rather not buy the whole loon for a simple plug/wire color.

--Thanks, Chris

ReMan - 25/6/05 at 07:56 AM

Sorry, can't find this information on the actual pinouts from the clocks by pin. The wiring diagrams show the connections colour coded but you cant do it without the loom side plug with its wires atached.
Someone on here thats actually used these clocks may be able to help if they can physically match the colour to the pin..........?
As for making the connection though without the genuine plug, it may be difficult as the pins are so small, unless you can solder onto each pin carefully then encapsulate the whole job with resin or liquid rubber?
Might be a whole lot easier to keep an eye out for a loom at the right price.
Sorry couldnt be more help.
Colin