Board logo

Zx9r chopped Sump - Baffle plate!!!
westindy - 12/1/05 at 08:54 PM

I've just had my std zx9r sump chopped anybody ( now approx 50 mm depth) got any dimensions/pictures of the baffle plate I need to fit to stop oil surge?

Cheers, Paul

Jon Ison - 12/1/05 at 10:46 PM

send a U2U to Chris Gamlin, he prob be able to help you think he helped Jasper out, U2U him 2.

ChrisGamlin - 12/1/05 at 10:58 PM

Im afraid I havent got any info on the ZX9 baffle plates themselves, but Im sure someone will be able to help. Maybe have a flick through the picture archives of some ZX9'ers such as Jasper?

cheers

Chris

Jasper - 13/1/05 at 12:02 PM

Paul - I just got a piece of ali, cut it to size, and cut out two holes for the pick-up and return pipe - fairly easy. Then got another gasket to fit. No picks I'm afraid

Peteff - 13/1/05 at 01:20 PM

I got some really thin alu sheet and used a gasket either side. I had to shorten the return as it kinked on the raised sump

[Edited on 13/1/05 by Peteff] Rescued attachment baffle001.jpg
Rescued attachment baffle001.jpg

doejohn - 23/3/06 at 04:42 PM

Hi .. do you know where i could get a picture of a 1989 ZX-10 baffle plate ? I would like to build one just like you did in this thread .. thanks.

Wadders - 23/3/06 at 06:28 PM

The ST version is the same idea, except it has the addition of a length of ally angle, rivetted on top,(engine side) not sure if this is just for stiffening purposes or if its to help stop oil surge, i'm off out now but will post a pic later.

]Originally posted by Peteff
I got some really thin alu sheet and used a gasket either side. I had to shorten the return as it kinked on the raised sump

[Edited on 13/1/05 by Peteff]