Board logo

marked reverse switch
tcr - 12/6/12 at 12:08 PM

just ordered one of these eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace going to get the cobbler to engrave an R onto it to use as a reverse switch has anyone else done this and will it pass the IVA ?

[Edited on 12/6/12 by tcr]

tilly819 - 12/6/12 at 01:20 PM

I did that, the ally bit on the front comes off with some picking, then i just letter stamped REV into it and stuck it back on,
was fine for IVA main thing is to interlock the switch with the neutral light so that you can not activate reverse while in a forward gear.

hope this helps

tilly

tcr - 12/6/12 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tilly819
main thing is to interlock the switch with the neutral light so that you can not activate reverse while in a forward gear.

hope this helps

tilly

is that a requirement for the iva or just something you did for precaution ?

40inches - 12/6/12 at 02:08 PM

I think that linking the reverse with the neutral light is a must, accidentally switching the reverse on when moving forward
wouldn't be a good thing! I have a main switch and a small joystick + have also linked it with the brake light switch, applying the brakes switches the reverse off.
For marking the switch I used Letraset.
Reverse Switch Panel
Reverse Switch Panel

BobM - 12/6/12 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tcr
quote:
Originally posted by tilly819
main thing is to interlock the switch with the neutral light so that you can not activate reverse while in a forward gear.

is that a requirement for the iva or just something you did for precaution ?

It's not a requirement. Only requirements I can see are that the mechanism will propel the vehicle backwards and the control must be reachable from the driver's seat.

tcr - 12/6/12 at 04:29 PM

i thought as much but wasn't 100% sure thanks

tcr - 19/6/12 at 01:51 PM

here's one i made earlier

tcr - 2/7/12 at 07:07 PM

just ordered a universal brake light switch to wire inline on the reverse circuit, going to fit it behind the clutch peddle so the reverse button only works when the clutch is pressed ....