Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone near the kettering area
punker

posted on 23/4/03 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
anyone near the kettering area

is there anyone building an avon in the kettering area, cuz i'm stuck trying to figure out the front top tubes of my chassis. ive got the ends of the "1520" tubes to line up with the uprights (where the round tube starts) but i end up with the front uprights being 105mm from the front and not 75mm like it says in the book........still cant belive the drawings are sooooo shite!!!!!
Viper

posted on 23/4/03 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I am in Milton Keynes if that helps..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 23/4/03 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Im in Rothwell im building a book car but would be interested in having a look and trying to be of assistance.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by punker
is there anyone building an avon in the kettering area, cuz i'm stuck trying to figure out the front top tubes of my chassis. ive got the ends of the "1520" tubes to line up with the uprights (where the round tube starts) but i end up with the front uprights being 105mm from the front and not 75mm like it says in the book........still cant belive the drawings are sooooo shite!!!!!

punker

posted on 24/4/03 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
chassis probs

can anyone confirm that the distance from the bottom front tube to the 1st upright is 75mm and that the long top side tubes are 1520 long, cuz i've worked out that the 2nd transverse top tube back (which should be directly above the tube to be cut after welding) is 868+25+75 back and that equals 968 not 1000 as the bottom tube is?

please help cuz i just cant work it out.

Viper

posted on 24/4/03 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Yes to the 75mm
Yes to the 1520mm
968 or 1000???? Mine is 995mm??
wonderfull Tigers..

I have realised that Tigers tolerences are about +/- 10mm

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
punker

posted on 24/4/03 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
the words "tolerance" and "tiger" should never be used together....

when you yours is 995mm, is that the front bottom tube to the tube that has to be cut after welding? or is that (horizontally)from the front bottom tube to the one directly above the one that has to be cut?

ive modeld the chassis in solidworks and i still get that error, see attached jpeg. if i place the "1520" tube flush with the end of the front upright then im short at the cockpit end, if i do it the other way the opposite??? Rescued attachment chassis.jpg
Rescued attachment chassis.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.