Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: alternator fittng
marshall

posted on 8/6/05 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
alternator fittng

hi to you all i am doing a avon i have just got a Lucas LRA 100 to puit on the pinto but there is a slight problem there seams
to be not much room it hit the frame work.
i took it apart so i can get the bar thing that makes the belt tight what do i do now? i can take some pics if you need to have a look.or some pics of what you have done ....thanks

James

posted on 8/6/05 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Pics would help.

I fitted a Bedford Rascal alt' to my Pinto. Really small and fits easily.

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

DarrenW

posted on 8/6/05 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
ihad to junk std sierra alternator for a Micra alternator on my pinto. Fits very well, got alternator and custom brackets from Mac#1 for £55.

ayoungman

posted on 8/6/05 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Darren, I've emailed you !

I'm looking at the Renault Clio alternator. Its small and quite plentiful in scrap yards.

"just like that !"

marshall

posted on 8/6/05 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
hope this will help: Rescued attachment Sscn0737.jpg
Rescued attachment Sscn0737.jpg

DarrenW

posted on 9/6/05 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Dont dismiss the small jap alternators. They have a voltage stabiliser built in so even at low revs they give out a constant 14Volts. Some of the others drop the voltage at lower revs. Keeping the revs constant is beneficial when running small batteries to keep the topped up to max for when you need to do maintenance or excessive cranking.

i didnt want to spen £30 on my 2nd hand one but it fits very well. If you follow suit just be careful how you wire them up as they need a sensor feed (i think the built in sensor takes a main live but dont do this until i can confirm). Ive got the details at home if you need them. Ill be wiring mine up soon.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.