Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rocker cover
marshall

posted on 23/12/04 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Rocker cover

hi has any one got the modified rocker cover from tiger if so how much did it cost it total? as i need one for my avon i would do it myself but i have no welderto do it
Fishface

posted on 23/12/04 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
I recently saw an avon at the open day without a modified cover. It seems the guy used a mitsubushi filler cap as it would fit under the bonnet. I havent modified mine yet even though ive painted it as im banking on getting a suitable filler cap. I guess it also depends on what you did to the rubber mounts to raise or lower the engine. Ive used the supplied ones myself. If you find one in the mean time that fits let me know.
marshall

posted on 23/12/04 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
i was thinking to cut the filler neck down
and the filler cap

Avoneer

posted on 23/12/04 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I had to move mine as the bonnet virtually rests on my spark plug leads.
Think it depends on the fit of the bonnet as no two avons appear to fit the same!
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andrew.carwithen

posted on 23/12/04 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've literally just modified my pinto rocker cover (picked it up from welder mate today.)
Here's how I did it and it works a treat.
Hacksaw off the existing filler neck flush with the rocker cover and retain for future use.
Get hold of a sierra 2 into 1 exhaust downpipe(credit to Mark Allason for this hot tip!) - I used one from a P100.
Cut out a straight section from one of the twin pipes.
You'll find the original filler neck fits snugly inside this section.
Cut out an oval hole in the rear end of the rocker cover of the same diameter as the section of pipe (I used a small drill bit to perforate a hole and then the ever useful powerfile to finish and elongate it to the correct size) - this allows the pipe to sit at an inclined angle.
Cut the pipe section to a suitable length and take it to your local back street garage to get it welded into the rocker cover (I can't imagine that the welding would cost very much!). Only let it protrude into the cover by about 5mm or so or it will foul the rear cam bearing post.
Insert the original filler neck into the top and have them run a bead of weld around it as well and hey presto one modified rocker cover!

Cheers,
Andy.

andrew.carwithen

posted on 23/12/04 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
..P.S.
...I forgot to say get them to weld a plate over the hole left by the original filler neck!

I could try to take and post a photo of mine if it helps? ('though I'm not too hot on this computer malarky!)

Andy.

marshall

posted on 24/12/04 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
a photo would be nice. thanks for your
Help...

andrew.carwithen

posted on 24/12/04 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Right...here goes...hopefully pics of my rocker cover will appear here! (pre- painted!) Rescued attachment p100enginejpg00003.jpg
Rescued attachment p100enginejpg00003.jpg

andrew.carwithen

posted on 24/12/04 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm....a bit on the large side! I told you I wasn't very good at this computing game!..how do I make it smaller? in basic layman terms please! so a numpty like me may be able to understand!

Andy

Peteff

posted on 24/12/04 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Nice job.

Use a photo editor to shrink it or take your camera resolution down a few notches. 500 pixels wide now. Rescued attachment p100enginejpg00003.jpg
Rescued attachment p100enginejpg00003.jpg

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.