Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Radiator fixing brackets
Fishface

posted on 15/12/04 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Radiator fixing brackets

Hi guys

Having problems getting my radiator to fix securely in the bottom and top rad brackets. Any tips?
Also what sort of hoses did people use as i went to by one from the car parts place and the hose was an odd shape for a sierra.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Avoneer

posted on 15/12/04 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Not sure about the mountings as my chassis didn't come with any and I am still waiting for the ones that Tiger siad they would post me for free (over a year ago)!
Used a Polo rad in the end as they are much better.
As for the hoses, the "vulcoflex" flexible numbers from Halfords are spot on, but dear at just over a tenner each - saves any hassle though.
Think it's a 32 - 32mm for the top hose and a 32mm - 38mm at the bottom.
Hope that helps,
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishface

posted on 15/12/04 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Rad brackets

Thanks pat.
A new sierra one was a tenner anyway so i'll go for the vulcaflex.

I saw you were selling your car, are you dissapointed with it or just fancy building another. Im surprised how much mines costing me i may have to sell mine just to get my money back when its finished.

Rob

Avoneer

posted on 15/12/04 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Great car (apart from the Tiger association) and handled really well at Elvington - ask Hellfire!
Just itching to get on with my new build - BEC. Chassis started already and I'm running out of room.
Ended up just over £8g for the Avon, but I reckon I could have done it for £6 if I knew then what I know now!
Pat...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishface

posted on 15/12/04 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
RE: Avon

I reckon mine will be about the same. I have saved a bit going direct to suppliers that tiger use but im still gonna spend that much all in all. It will be a decent speck though whcih i think is worth spending the extra for.
Dont suppose you are going to update your site or at least a few extra pictures are you as ive found it a real help all the way through my build so far.

Back to the rad pipes, how do i get one to go from the bottom of the rad to a different size one on the pump?

Avoneer

posted on 15/12/04 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords supply one with a 32mm end and 38mm on the other and it's the longest one you can get hold.
That's for a Pinto engine anyway.
Not sure about Zetec.
What engine are you putting in?
Cheers,
Pat...

Fishface

posted on 16/12/04 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
RE: Rad

Im putting a pinto in. Did you manage to get a good clamped fix for your radiator or does being filled and hoses attached all help it fix more solid?
Avoneer

posted on 16/12/04 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
I got it clamped solid using the top centre bracket to push the radiator down into the bottom two brackets which had some of that sticky back foam strip on them. The hoses also help.
Get a Polo rad - much easier to fit, smaller, lighter and you can fit it vertical at the fornt of the nose cone - as a rad should be!
Pat...

marshall

posted on 18/12/04 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
hi fishface have you got any pictures
of the avon you are building? would like to see some if you have some

Fishface

posted on 18/12/04 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
RE: Pics

No I havent taken any lately, must do it. Its basically a rolling chassis minus the wheels with the engine in and no bodywork yet. Cant afford the bodywork yet considering its new price. I'll take some low res ones and post them as its about all my computer can cope with.
What about yourself what stage are you up to.

Rob

tractorboy

posted on 18/12/04 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
hello rob , don't forget that if you want to look at something you can give me a call and pop over for a coffee and a look.
scott

Fishface

posted on 19/12/04 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Scott im sure there be some useful tips on bits in the engine i could pick up. I shall be giving it a break over christmas as its taken over lately. I suppose all you guys with theres up and running will be upgrading bits and bobs ready for next summer. Lets hope you get some nice goodies for christmas
tractorboy

posted on 19/12/04 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
well its an open invitation, just give me a call or drop me a u2u
marshall

posted on 20/12/04 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
hi this is my car at the mo engine is in
but not runing yet Rescued attachment Dscn0200.jpg
Rescued attachment Dscn0200.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.