Board logo

Avon Zetec Cooling- Am I an Idiot?
edspurrier - 26/5/07 at 02:30 PM

Hi all. Struggling to understand the Zetec cooling pipes. Have Avon radiator, two alloy pipes, three bits of cooling pipe. I understand how they should connect to each other to make the system work, but I can't figure out which kevlar pipe goes where. Can anybody please provide me with pics of theirs? Likewise, how do you fit the little side exit pipe to the front?

Thanks

Rudy - 26/5/07 at 05:02 PM

Please have a look here: http://www.zetec-cat.co.uk/
you should find what you are looking for.

Black Cat - 26/5/07 at 07:08 PM

I had the same problem with my Tiger Avon pipework, when I spoke to Tiher about it they sent me a diagram and it all became quite clear. If you can't find it on the website as mentioned in the previous reply, let me know and I will post the info on here for you.

Regards Steve

edspurrier - 27/5/07 at 08:31 AM

I understand what connects to what - no problem there - but I have these preformed pipes which all seem to be the wrong size and pointing in the wrong directions!

Schrodinger - 27/5/07 at 12:38 PM

Does this help? Rescued attachment hoses-cut.jpg
Rescued attachment hoses-cut.jpg

edspurrier - 27/5/07 at 06:50 PM

Fantastic, thanks! Consider yourself owed a pint or two!

Not sure why they supply a hose for the water pump which doesn't actually point in the right direction. Preusme you have to cut it and fix it together with the bit of metal tube - then worko out where to mount the T piece tube

Thanks again
Ed

[Edited on 28/5/07 by edspurrier]

Schrodinger - 28/5/07 at 03:18 PM

Layout is something like this, if you don't use the heater just install a pipe from the thermostat to the ally T peice or blank off both pipes.

[Edited on 28/5/07 by Schrodinger] Rescued attachment cooling-system-r2.jpeg
Rescued attachment cooling-system-r2.jpeg

edspurrier - 28/5/07 at 03:31 PM

Got that, thanks - but why do they supply a hose for the water pump to T tube piece where the end points vertically up?

t.j. - 28/5/07 at 04:42 PM

One single hose on the engine?

Who made that drawing?

Schrodinger - 29/5/07 at 11:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by t.j.

Who made that drawing?

As it has "Thermostat" on there as well as a separate item showing where it fits on the engine does it not make sense?

Schrodinger - 29/5/07 at 11:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by edspurrier
Got that, thanks - but why do they supply a hose for the water pump to T tube piece where the end points vertically up?

I'm not sure I understand your question as the T tube can point any way you want.

t.j. - 29/5/07 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger
quote:
Originally posted by t.j.

Who made that drawing?

As it has "Thermostat" on there as well as a separate item showing where it fits on the engine does it not make sense?

Just kidding
Don't take it too serious, probably i will use this drawing for fitting my hoses

Schrodinger - 29/5/07 at 07:34 PM

Some times it's difficult to know if somebody is or on here

edspurrier - 29/5/07 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger
quote:
Originally posted by edspurrier

I'm not sure I understand your question as the T tube can point any way you want.

Must be my build then - if I put the fat end of that tube on the water pump, to put the side exit pipe on the end would need either a hole in the radiator or the engine block. Could of course just ditch that tube for a T piece as I'm not using a heater