Board logo

Avon aeroscreen
Monkeybasher - 13/6/05 at 11:23 AM

I have decided its about time to fit my aerscreen after a month of having no screen.

Its the tiger aeroscreen, I have two metal brackets, a piece of rubber and some perspex. I was wondering what the best way of attaching the perspex to the brackets was?

Cheers

Steve

supercat - 14/6/05 at 01:08 PM

Two ways - you can either just bend a couple of brackets from some ali, bolting one side to the upright and the other to the screen (this is what I did). Or you can get some ali channel (similar to the windscreen surround) and mount that to the uprights, and silicon the screen into them (which I think is what Tiger do).

Cheers,
James

Lightning - 14/6/05 at 04:18 PM

secured mine with bent ali too. I also made the uprights out of sheet ali. Rescued attachment Tiger 008.jpg
Rescued attachment Tiger 008.jpg

Monkeybasher - 14/6/05 at 10:07 PM

Cheers guys,

I will do this next week.

Many thanks

steve

marshall - 15/6/05 at 08:00 PM

Hi just got my Aeroscreen today please could someone tell what blade to use to cut the shape out with. And any hints and tips on doing it thanks

studon - 15/6/05 at 08:08 PM

Hi,

I cut mine using a jigsaw with a fine toothed blade and cut carefully to the outside of the line.
I then used a series of grades of wet&dry to radius the edge. Finally I used a rubbing compound and finished it with anti swirl polish pro. The end result is really good and looks like it has been moulded to shape. It does take some time but it is definately worth it!

I secured the screen in using to cut down pieces of ali channel that Tiger supply for full screen. I bolted this to the uprights and bonded the aeroscreen using pu adhesive(Like tiger do)
Good luck!

marshall - 14/7/05 at 06:41 AM

sorry to be a pain can you take a picture
what you used and send to me so i can see what i am looking for it would help if yu do not mind thanks....

studon - 14/7/05 at 10:52 AM

Yes, I will be happy to send you some pics.
I will see what I can send over next few days

Stu