Board logo

gear lever questions
ayoungman - 8/6/05 at 09:35 AM

I managed to make my remote gear lever yesterday at work. I'm now thinking about covering the top of the transmission tunnel. How have you guys done this. I know it needs to be raised to cover the linkage between the levers. Any suggestions would be appreciated !

zetec - 8/6/05 at 11:48 AM

Ali sheet, poss covered or left polished. Few pics on my archive might give some ideas.

ayoungman - 8/6/05 at 03:36 PM

Zetec, I can only see a couple of pictures in your archive, is that correct or have I got a problem in the system?

zetec - 9/6/05 at 07:02 AM

There are files listed at the top. You click on the heading and it lists the pictures.

ayoungman - 9/6/05 at 12:07 PM

Doh !
Pilot error as usual !

Very much like your side panels. Where are you located ? I'm just the other side of the Thames. How about a visit and a cup of tea when its finished ?

zetec - 10/6/05 at 06:59 AM

I live in Highams Park, which is near Woodford/Chingford. Yep sounds good, how far along are you?

ayoungman - 10/6/05 at 02:59 PM

Erith, 10 mins from Dartford tunnel, or 15 mins from Blackwall tunnel.

ayoungman - 15/6/05 at 03:54 PM

Ok, this is how far I've got. I intend to lower the hand brake and create a sunken area so that you can grap the handle to operate the lever. What carpet/padded covers have people used ?
Are they ready made up or have you guys bought the material and cut them to size ? Rescued attachment trans top cover.JPG
Rescued attachment trans top cover.JPG