Board logo

progress at last !
ayoungman - 16/5/05 at 08:05 AM

Having spent some weeks organising various things, I spent Saturday putting the engine in the Avon ! I think its in the right place ! ! Rescued attachment engine transfer 037.jpg
Rescued attachment engine transfer 037.jpg

Hellfire - 16/5/05 at 08:57 AM

Couldn't see the full engine/image as it was round the back of my monitor!

Nice installation!!!

mookaloid - 16/5/05 at 10:22 AM

looking good

Youe are going to need a very long HT lead from the coil to the dizzy

Have you got your cam yet? I have a Kent FR31 (fast road) going begging if you want it

Cheers

Mark

Avoneer - 16/5/05 at 11:03 AM

You also need to brace the steering mounts at the top with each other and with the chassis - SVA fail if you don't as Tiger engineering means they flex upto 10mm.
Pat...

nick205 - 16/5/05 at 11:07 AM

looking good

I like the chassis colour too

DaveFJ - 16/5/05 at 11:10 AM

looking good

a minor point - I wouldn't leave the brake pipes un-blanked - you never know what is going to find it's way up there !

Peteff - 16/5/05 at 11:17 AM

I like the engine mounts, are they hardwood, softwood or plywood .

ned - 16/5/05 at 11:54 AM

what are those clips you've used for the brake lines? are they just two p-clips joined together or a special double p-clip type thing? i'm after something similar for my fuel line for running both line and return..

Ned.

ayoungman - 16/5/05 at 02:11 PM

They are just two P clips overlapped. Fortunately, they fit the width of the chassis rail nicely. The engine blocks are pine ! Well, what would you expect a Design and Technology teacher to use !!!

Sorry, Mookaloid, cheers for the offer, I've got a cam already lined up for the job !

[Edited on 18/5/05 by ayoungman]

Monkeybasher - 24/5/05 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
You also need to brace the steering mounts at the top with each other and with the chassis - SVA fail if you don't as Tiger engineering means they flex upto 10mm.
Pat...

Fookme, Mine passed couple of weeks ago at newcastle, however If its that bad I will add a brace.

Steve

ayoungman - 25/5/05 at 04:23 PM

I'm unsure whether to strengthen this . I do still have engough access to it to put in a diagonal brace. Is it really a SVA faillure without ? How many Avons has this been an issue for ?

Lightning - 25/5/05 at 07:38 PM

Mine passed without a brace and so did the one from Which Kit who i saw at the test station.

Avoneer - 25/5/05 at 09:16 PM

Mine failed without a brace - you can easily bolt a 25x3mm bar across the top two steering rack mounts using the steering rack bolts and then continue it onto the front upright chassis rail.
Pat...

DarrenW - 26/5/05 at 09:38 AM

Are your headlight brackets OK?? look a bit sharp to me.

ayoungman - 27/5/05 at 08:11 AM

I'll fetch me angle grinder.