Board logo

Brake Fuel lines and wireing loom?
shades - 24/4/05 at 08:51 PM

Has anyone got any pictures and or diagrams of where is best to run the brake and fuel lines and wireing loom? How far apart do each need to be attached? Am using going to use p clips with the brake and fuel, but planning cable ties for the loom. Is this OK.

Any help would be gratefully be recieved. I/ve not saved up for my engine/gearbox yet so cant do a trial fit yet...

Northy - 24/4/05 at 09:41 PM

What engine are you fitting?

shades - 25/4/05 at 07:10 AM

Dunno yet. Choices are Pinto, Zetec or 4Age. I have fitted floor mounted pedals so the brake lines start from fairly low...

Northy - 25/4/05 at 07:47 AM

If you follow where it tells you to fit the front brake lines in the book you'll have problems with the alternator fouling on the.

nick205 - 25/4/05 at 10:17 AM

The brake lines will beeasiest to run down the driver's side of the tunnel, either top or bottom - your choice.

If you use a Pinto then the carb/s or injection system is on the passengers side, so you'll probably find it easier to run the fuel pipe down the passenger side of the tunnel - again top or bottom is up to you.

The wiring loom can then be run down the tunnel either side to suit your connections/layout, but away from the fuel and brake lines.

A good tip is to loosely cable tie the pipes and loom inplace until you find the best arrangement, then fix them down with P clips or tighten the cable ties.

HTH

Nick

Hellfire - 25/4/05 at 10:29 AM

How much different is an Avon to an Indy regarding wiring/braking/fuel routing? If not much then have a look how we have done it

shades - 25/4/05 at 12:15 PM

Think I'll try a mockup of each with rope and gaffer tape before I start. I'll take some pics and post them for comment...

andrew.carwithen - 25/4/05 at 07:24 PM

Shades,
Pic shows how I ran brake and fuel lines on my Avon with floor pedals.
Brake line was run down drivers side of tranny tunnel near top (I have since run wiring loom down same side but about 2" below brake pipes.) Fuel line was run down passenger side of tunnel along top of bottom rail.
HTH,
Andy. Rescued attachment p100enginejpg00027.jpg
Rescued attachment p100enginejpg00027.jpg

shades - 25/4/05 at 10:23 PM

Andrew, Thanks...

I see from your photo archive you were selling your Pinto. What engine have you put in, or are planning to put in?

Lightning - 26/4/05 at 10:45 AM

I'd put more P clips near the masters than that for the SVA. Byron is very picky about that so he said.

andrew.carwithen - 26/4/05 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning
I'd put more P clips near the masters than that for the SVA. Byron is very picky about that so he said.

Ah yes, Steve,
but the master cylinders aren't permanently fitted yet. (Just put in situ for now.) But no fear, the pipes will be appropriately clipped in due course.

Andy.

andrew.carwithen - 26/4/05 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shades
Andrew, Thanks...

I see from your photo archive you were selling your Pinto. What engine have you put in, or are planning to put in?

I'm in the middle of fitting an 893cc 'blade engine. (Lightning's fault - letting me drive his ) Trouble is, Tiger don't make bike engine cradles for the Avon, so I'm having to make one from scratch. (hope my welds will hold up to the job! )

Pinto plus all associated bits now sold.

(note to self: must remove from archive..)

Andy.

Lightning - 26/4/05 at 03:23 PM

quote:

Ah yes, Steve,
but the master cylinders aren't permanently fitted yet. (Just put in situ for now.) But no fear, the pipes will be appropriately clipped in due course.

Ah yes, Andy but will it ever be permanently fixed

Tack it up and I'll get it welded for you