Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Double Bubble or Deflector?
gingerprince

posted on 20/4/06 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Double Bubble or Deflector?

I plan to replace the ghastly lumious wind deflector that's currently on my MK (it's a Mac#1 screen I think - see photo gallery) with something less in-ya-face. Obvious replacement is MK's equivelant, I think they do a smoked one?

I quite like the double bubble look though, but is the MK version a chocolate fireguard? Doesn't look like it'll deflect much wind, certainly a lot less than the expensive Westfield equivelant.

I'm 6'4" so the higher I can direct the wind the better - so am I better of with the standard aero deflector thingy?

jos

posted on 20/4/06 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Would MAC#1's aero screen fit the bodywork and deflect enough??

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Jon Ison

posted on 20/4/06 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
I fitted one too the GT1, it made a massive difference, just ruffled the top of my hair instead of having wobbly cheeks............

MAB

posted on 20/4/06 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
I'm six foot and I'm afraid the MK double bubble - although it looks nice, didn't actually deflect much wind. I tried a friends and then sold mine as it would have been no use to me. I then bought a Mac#1 screen with the dark tint.

It also depends on how high your seats are too. I've got Cobra 7 ones in mine and using a Mac#1 screen most wind is deflected over the top of my head...

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I won't be changing back!

Regards, Mark.

jos

posted on 20/4/06 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Phil. S

posted on 20/4/06 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
If you want something like the Westfield aero but cheaper try Plays Kool's version. It's easier to fit, and just £80 for the GRP
or £120 for the carbon one. I' have one and am very pleased with it. You can adjust the hight by fitting it further back or forward.

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 20/4/06 by Phil. S]

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 20/4/06 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
I've got the smoke tinted Mac#1 wind deflector screen and it keesp most of the wind off - probably the same as what you've got, just not so violent on the eyes
Andy North

posted on 20/4/06 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Jon,

I bought one of the MK clear ones which I believe you had used. No way I can make it fit without serious chopping. Any pics of yours?

Hellfire

posted on 20/4/06 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
We fitted a dark tinted MAC#1 aeroscreen to our Indy. It was too high for our liking, so we cut it down by about 50mm and it works fine. The Westfield aeroscreen looks great on the Indy though IMO but for that amount of money, I think it should be adjustable.

Now there's an idea.............................

Phil

Jon Ison

posted on 20/4/06 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy North
Jon,

I bought one of the MK clear ones which I believe you had used. No way I can make it fit without serious chopping. Any pics of yours?

sorry no pics it went "west" with the rest of the body I'm afraid, it went on ok though, a little bit shaved off the bottom corners either side for a snug fit, me n charlie put it on in 5 minutes one sat morning at MK, what you playing at ?

Jon Ison

posted on 20/4/06 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Andy just thought, the photo shoot pics from some while back, I'm sure the screen was fitted that morning, if you search back for them I'm sure you will see it, provided other things don't make your eyes wander too much.........

Andy North

posted on 20/4/06 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Andy just thought, the photo shoot pics from some while back, I'm sure the screen was fitted that morning, if you search back for them I'm sure you will see it, provided other things don't make your eyes wander too much.........

I saw the pic, but for some reason could not focus very well on the screen....

The screen I have is the wrong shape. If need be I will cut the ends off and work it from there

When are we going to see some progress on the rebuild?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.