Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal stops
ReMan

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal stops

I need to make some BACK stops for my throttle and clutch pedals. ie to stop me breaking the cable when I press the pedals hard. I've seen nuts and bolts screwed into the footwell but wondered if anyones achieved something more elegant, i'm looking for inspiration

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

antonyg

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, i was thinking about welding some sort of adjustable stop to the back of the pedals with a rubber foot on the ends so that it hits one of the chassis rails in the footwell when the pedal is pressed.
just an idea, am sure others have done something different/better

Antony

OX

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i did the bolt thing with the r1 and didnt like the look ,this time i copied how shed did his and used a little bit of alloy angle bolted to the floor,it isnt that big and doesnt get in the way .im no picasso but hope the piccy helps
[img][/img]

ReMan

posted on 3/9/05 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
I suppose I should have posted this pic first as I did'nt explain very well. As you can see in this picture of someones (Westfield I think)) pedals, I need to put somerthing behind my MK pedals to stop me snapping the cable or breaking the carbs if I press to hard.
This looks oK from the footwell as you cant see them , but i'm not too keen on big bolt threads sticking into the engine bay, from a purely cosmetic point of view...... Rescued attachment Megablade pedal.jpg
Rescued attachment Megablade pedal.jpg

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

OX

posted on 3/9/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
no m8 you explained ok but may be i didnt ,the alloy will stop the pedal going as far as you want it , the top pedal moves forward and the bottom part of the pedal hits the alloy as it swings towards you

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.