Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: front indicators
mkblade

posted on 2/7/05 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
front indicators

ive put my front indicators on the nose cone (small bike ones) they sit to close to the nose cone. they need to come further out about another 3cm .can anyone advise on how they done this .i was thinking of getting a length of thredded studding (b&q) using that with some sort of rubber cover over the threads ??
thanks
simon

shortie

posted on 3/7/05 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
I made some up using a length of plastic rod which was the same diameter as the indicater stalk (pic attached)

Cut to length and then drill a hole straight through the middle. Then tap each end of the hole (I think it's an M8). Then you just thread the wire through the hole and screw the indicator into it. At the other end you just use a bolt to go through the nosecone and then screw into the other end of the plastic rod.

If it's only 3cm I think I have some of the rod left and could make you some on the lathe, maybe best to make 5cm to be on the safe side.

I made some for MAB on this site and he passed SVA no problem with them. After SVA you can remove them if you want.

I see you are in Croydon, I work in Kingswood so could even drop them into you at some point if you want which would save postage.

Rich.
Indicator stalks
Indicator stalks

[Edited on 3/7/05 by shortie]

mkblade

posted on 3/7/05 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
hi rich
i made some today used a long bolt m10. i think then a piece of tubing as the spacer yjen covered it in wiring covering stuff (cant spell the correct word for it).
they look ok there extended out to 5cm now .
i think yours look nicer mind you ,thanks for the other of making some for me i will see how these go i will let you know thanks simon

shortie

posted on 4/7/05 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
No probs, make sure you check they are the correct distance from the side, and remember it is at the widest point which is the edge of the rear arch and not the front cycle wing.

Rich.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.