Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade engine mounting (Again)
ReMan

posted on 13/12/04 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Blade engine mounting (Again)

Came to fitting the`Blade in the cradle yesterday and wondered how others have done this.
1)Rear engine mounts are wider than engine, do I pack out with big washers/spacers either side,use original rubber bungs in middle?
2)Top (side of block) mounts are tapped out, to take bolts that are smaller than the cradle tubes. Do I drill out the block (as suggested previously on the forum) but in real life I`m not sure this leaves enough metal/strength, or do I make some sleeves for the boltsto stop them slopping around in the cradle tubes?
Any thoughts/experince to share? Rescued attachment 4444.JPG
Rescued attachment 4444.JPG

ReMan

posted on 13/12/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
And this one
PS ignore my toolkit on the windowsill Rescued attachment 3333.JPG
Rescued attachment 3333.JPG

shortie

posted on 13/12/04 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Colin,

I tapped out my two top mounts as per MK's instructions and used an M10 HT threaded bar for the bottom mount. I didn't use any spacers on the top mounts.

One tip I found out after is to leave all the cradle bolts pretty loose until you have the cradle in the car. Once you have got your bolts in place to bolt the cradle to the chassis then tighten all the engine bolts otherwise it's a struggle to line up the cradle to chassis holes!

HTH,
Rich.

mad-butcher

posted on 14/12/04 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
tapped mine out to m12 and used the bolts that hold hub carrier arm to the dif carrier they are the perfect length I also drilled a hole in the bulkhead to remove the bolt just in case i ever need to remove just the cradle
theres a photo in my mk blade archive
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.