Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: shortened sump for indy
john_p_b

posted on 26/7/04 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
shortened sump for indy

how shallow does the sump need to be on the indy? it's looking seriously like if i leave the standard sump on the pinto then it's going to be dragging the road at every opertunity.

i've got a alloy coswort sump sitting in the garage which will fit straight on the block and is shallower by easily over a inch to the pinto sump and it's also wider so as to not cut down the amount of oil in there. has anyone used one before? the only stubling block i'm hitting with it really that is making me think twice is the pick up pipe looks like it needs shortening and bending in all kinds of directions!

any clues/advice?

thanks
john

mad-butcher

posted on 26/7/04 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
the cosy one is the one you want if you had the pipe you could sell it for £120-150 pay to have the pinto one modified and still make a healthy proffit
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 26/7/04 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
The sump doesnt need to be any shallower than the bottom of the bellhousing, an RS200 sump is the same height as the bottom of the bellhousing, any shallower and you are not gaining anything.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/7/04 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
This is a picture of it it gets cut at the bend.

See this site http://nw.rhocar.org/sump.htm and see how easy it is Rescued attachment 021O.jpg
Rescued attachment 021O.jpg

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.