Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: pictures of your indys with roof up and down?
john_p_b

posted on 8/4/09 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
pictures of your indys with roof up and down?

well after having the sleepless nights again of shall i sell the green heap of cash that's been parked up for 7 months i've decided i simply can't part with it BUT i've got to do something to make it a bit more useable and i've concluded the way to go is with a roof and screen.

could i have some pictures of cars with mk roofs and screens fitted with the roof both up and down as i've only ever seen them fully up so don't know what they look like folded down!

also experiences on fitting them, what are they like? is there anything likely to cause me any hassle?

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Humbug

posted on 8/4/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
?? I don't know if MKs are different, but AFAIK you don;t have the roof "folded down" - it's either up, or removed.
Guinness

posted on 8/4/09 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Roof up.

Indy Roof Up
Indy Roof Up

Sorry, couldn't resist! I'll be following this thread closely.

Pleased you are considering keeping the car.

Cheers

Mike

YQUSTA

posted on 8/4/09 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
this is what you want

linky

YQUSTA

posted on 8/4/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
If you need any photos of certain parts of the hood/screen send me a u2u with your email and I will take some and send them to you
john_p_b

posted on 8/4/09 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
that's the one just for some reason couldn't find it knew i'd seen it somewhere!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

john_p_b

posted on 8/4/09 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
how easy is it to get the roof up and down? does it sit ok when folded back?

YQUSTA

posted on 8/4/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
easy to get up and down just have to be very carefull with the bow as it is ready to snap if your not.

It is best to undo the poppers then take the bow off. then put the bow on first before poppering for putting up.

when folded back it sits fine you will need to make some thing to hold it down though as that is not supplied. I still need to make a strap for mine.

If you take a look at rosey1 his photo archive has it folded down with the doors on the boot as well.

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 8/4/09 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
If you want some info on the windscreen and wipers my post i did a while back might be of some help

LINKY

Here's a couple more links to peruse

LINK

LINK

I'll post a a few pics of my roof tomorrow if you like?

john_p_b

posted on 11/4/09 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
inspiring stuff

when i phoned mk they said the screens wouldn't be in stock until the end of the month so i'm thinking a trip to stoneleigh might be in order so i can have a look in the flesh.

only concern i have left with the weather gear......will i be able to get in and out of the car with it fitted?! i'm 6ft 2 and 16 stone so no small person! doesn't look much of an opening in the picture!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/4/09 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
inspiring stuff

only concern i have left with the weather gear......will i be able to get in and out of the car with it fitted?! i'm 6ft 2 and 16 stone so no small person! doesn't look much of an opening in the picture!

I don't think you will have a problem john,I tried the one at Newark last year for size,and managed to get in and out ok,and I am a bit bigger than you,although I am on a diet now

YQUSTA

posted on 13/4/09 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
you can allways take the door off to get in and out if it is a problem. I just use my head to keep the door open as im getting in or out.

be aware the weather gear isnt fully water proof as I found out i'm going to buy some seam sealer to see if that helps.

john_p_b

posted on 13/4/09 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
where does it leak at then? not being 100% water tight isn't the end of the world as long as it fends off the worst of it and keeps my dash and seats dry and keeps the cold stuff off me!

YQUSTA

posted on 13/4/09 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
mine was stood still at the time and I had water on the floor and boot when I got back to it.

I think some seam sealer will sort it as I think its comming through the tiny holes from the sewing.

not driven in the rain yet so can't say if it would do the same then but i'm guessing not as the rain would constantly be washing off.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.