Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: donut mobile will be up for sale.
woodster

posted on 24/7/06 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Andy, our lass said the same thing to me.

She's still picking her teeth up.

cheers

Chris

you dont post on here enough chris .................. that was priceless

chrisg

posted on 24/7/06 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Andy, our lass said the same thing to me.

She's still picking her teeth up.

cheers

Chris

you dont post on here enough chris .................. that was priceless

Thanks mate!

I understand what Andy's going through though, Mrs G won't get in my car and she's always dropping hint's about me selling it.

But I ignore her.

I think you'll find that as a general rule, it's best not to listen.

learn to use the awsome power of "Yes dear"

In one ear and out the other

Cheers

Chris

Deckman001

posted on 24/7/06 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
All this attepted persuation is in vain, I guess all will be told tomorrow

Jason

ned

posted on 25/7/06 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
so i'm guessing its sold then, not really suprising at such a giveaway price. what a muppet.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 25/7/06 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for your kind support Ned

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 25/7/06 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
Andy,

I have refrained from commenting further, don't tempt me.

Ned.

[Edited on 25/7/06 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

iank

posted on 25/7/06 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Time for a more supportive post.

If Donut really really cared about driving a 7 I'm sure there would have been a lot more discussion with his missus. But from my reading of his posts over the months and years I got the impression he was far more interested in the build, the community here and maybe the idea of driving a twitchy uncomfortable pure sportscar.

So the real questions should be "what are you going to build next?" rather than criticism and macho chest beating (which is rather sad IMO).

So Cobra, Mini, American Muscle car, or something really safe, with room for a huge V8, and capable of going fast over insanely rough roads like a Tomcat? (Linky)

donut

posted on 25/7/06 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
You're not a million miles away there actually. I mean let's face it, the chances of keeping it for more than 6 months was slim BUT!!! i wasn't planning on selling it quite so soon!!!

So to the new motor....

Well it has to be a 4 seater. I would dearly love a Rover or Chevy/Ford V8 but at the moment it's hard to find anything that floats my boat. It has to be a classic car too!!

I love old Fords and would like a Mk1 or Mk2 Cortina. There is a V6 Essex engined (Rebuilt with receipts) restored Mk2 Cortina in the Classic Ford Mag this month that looks nice and i'm just waiting for pics.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Syd Bridge

posted on 25/7/06 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
The aussies fitted small block v8's to Mk3 Cortinas, and then there's the South African XR8, a small block Ford in a Sierra. Real wolves in sheep's...

Cheers,
Syd

02GF74

posted on 25/7/06 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut

So to the new motor....

Well it has to be a 4 seater. I would dearly love a Rover V8 but at the moment it's hard to find anything that floats my boat. It has to be a classic car too!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated

<---- look over to your left; how about a series 2a lightweight tax exempt, screaming for a 4.6 rover v8 to go in it. No worries about anyone pulling out in front, in fact, even white van man cower out of the way - take it for a nice trundle offroad and open your eyes to a totally new experience (and I 'm not referring about the pools of ep90, engine oil, being on first name terms with the AA man, scrimping pennies for the petrol)

PS I respect your descision and think you made the right one although it must be very hard.

Dazza

posted on 25/7/06 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
rover did some one say rover hehe

what about a huge, easy to spot economical monster..... very safe...... big, 5 seated easily...........

.my 2.5 Turbo Diesel Range Rover(theres the rover bit), K plate, blue, loads done like bushes, box, tank etc. £2500 ono.... will take decent offer...... IF this floats your boat ?? if it dont,,,, it can definatly tow your boat!!!! Rescued attachment IMAG0019.JPG
Rescued attachment IMAG0019.JPG

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

02GF74

posted on 25/7/06 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the full sized photo
donut

posted on 25/7/06 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've gone blind!!! Or should i get a 42" wide screen screen

I know Range Rovers are big but......

Andy

TangoMan

posted on 25/7/06 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Everyone to their own!!!

That's a big decison to take. I drove a TVR for several years until I stuck it into a bridge.

Had I been in the 7 it wouldn't have happened. I thnik the reality is that a seven is safer and less likely to get you into trouble but is more likely to get you caught up in someone elses trouble.

For me, I bought my 7 while I still had a broken back. After a fairly serious, and almost fatal, crash I felt I needed something to look forward to.

If safety is your issue, an old car is likely to be more dangerous as it will be less nimble and will still lack modern safety devices.

Summer's here!!!!

jonbeedle

posted on 26/7/06 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
My worst accident was in a VW van doing 45mph up a deserted M11 at 2:30am. The van rolled when it was hit up the rear by the only other car on the road!
I knew someone else who ended up in a wheel chair, not from crashing his 170mph Kawasaki, but from falling over after slipping on an empty beer bottle as he got out of bed!
You can't live in fear of what might happen, you just have to take life by the balls and enjoy it. So keep the car!
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.