Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: donut mobile will be up for sale.
Peteff

posted on 23/7/06 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
My wife was in the car with me when the bottom front balljoint stripped and turned it into a 3 wheeler with no steering going round a bend on a country lane, oh how we laughed. If you ride a bike and learn a bit of defensive driving you will be safe in your car. Get her a headscarf and tie your trilby on and take her with you or learn to keep your gob shut

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 23/7/06 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Andy, our lass said the same thing to me.

She's still picking her teeth up.

cheers

Chris

Danozeman

posted on 23/7/06 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell mate. I wasnt expecting that... That could have happened in any car!!

You have to keep your marriage hey.. TBH i would do the same if my missus was concerned like that. I would buy as fast fun tin top instead. That said if you was in that position in a tin top you probably would have crashed..

Youl have to get a bike.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

gary gsx

posted on 23/7/06 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
No dont do it

You know if you get an mx5 it will be mmmmmmmm doner

j30fos

posted on 23/7/06 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Been ther done that 3 times !!!! So I know how you feel. I just cannot get the same kind of buzz with normal cars, so I've got number 4 last week :-) a westfield MEGABUSA told the misses tonight actually how much it cost, the smile went :-) I think she has admitted defeat now and knows If I sell it another will arrive next year.

All I can say is, you need to do whats best for you and yours and ther's always next year

Hope everything works out for you and must say the car looks really well, just needs a bike engine

Should sell at that price very quickly

Good luck

OX

posted on 23/7/06 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
pmsl jfos,she wont tell you this time to sell the car the next thing you'll know you'll be signing the dotted line of the devorce papers .
BKLOCO

posted on 23/7/06 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sorry matey but you will allmost certainly regret this in the future.
I used to be married to someone who tried to dictate what I should and shouldn't do...
I put up with it for over 20 years....
Trust me I talk from personal experience...
I thought I had the "perfect marriage". WRONG....
I had allways wanted to build a kit car and I only did it after I got divorced and met someone who was as enthusiastic for my passions as I was for hers....
I could go on...and on... about the parragliding, water skiing, diving etc etc. You need to work out things like this....They may very well come back to haunt you....
If you do continue on you chosen course and sell the car I sincerely hope things work out for you and the decision does not cause you problems in the future.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

greggors84

posted on 23/7/06 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Just buy a fast bike, or any bike really, tell her your going to replace the car with that as soon as the car sells.

Wait for her to get wound up about the bike then sell that to keep her happy, hopefully she will have forgotten about the indy by then.

Seems a shame to let it go especially as you built this one as you regretted selling the last.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

DEAN C.

posted on 23/7/06 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
That last post was quite subtly dealt with but probably correct!

All I'm going to say is "you're only here once,dont have any regrets.
You must do what you would like to whilst you can"

I'm toying with the idea of a big bike after passing my bike test earlier in the year at 42.Just because I have always wanted to.
The missus at first said "sell the INDY if you are buying a bike"

"Kiss my arse was the reply,the Indy stays!"

The latest ultimatum is "If you want a bike finish the house first" thats more reasonable I thought!

Marriage is all about give and take but dont roll over you'll lose all respect,anyway I just think you've scared yourself sh**less and you're a wuss(southern softie).

All the best whatever you do.

Regards ,Dean.

PS. Does anyone know a good builder near me?No I'm not kidding!

[Edited on 23/7/06 by DEAN C.]

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

donut

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
BKLOCO

I happen to regard my wife as a hell of alot more important than a kit car. I would give my life for her happily and if i'm doing somthing that upsets her or worries her then i'll stop. She NEVER dictates to me but if theres something she's not happy about we sort it.

Some of you lot may not have great relationships with your other halves but i do. It's not a case of her 'ruling' my life. She works damn hard so i can look after the kids and the house.

Cars are just toys to me and my marage is more important. She is more than happy for me to get another car but not a small kit car. She wants a 4 seater so we can all go out together as a family so the road to classic car ownership becons.

P.s...i'll never get a bike, Death traps!

[Edited on 23/7/06 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andybod

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
very sad news now all you have to do is convince the wifey it's worth the £36.000 price ticket like the caterham and no futher upset sometimes they can be right though i just choose not to admit it to mine
Fozzie

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Andy-Mate, this wouldn't have anything to do with espying that MKII Savage Cortina in our workshop last week..........would it?

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

marcyboy

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
lol

wimping out like that and blaming the missus... i don't know

BKLOCO

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I used to drive one of those...
Bloody sight more scary than any 7 type car IMHO.
Mine kept wrecking g-boxes.

Great fun though.

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Andy-Mate, this wouldn't have anything to do with espying that MKII Savage Cortina in our workshop last week..........would it?

Fozzie

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

Fozzie

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Brian, you are so right, much more scary.....

Fozzie

T5 going in this one

[Edited on 23/7/06 by Fozzie]

donut

posted on 23/7/06 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Fozz

That Mk2 Cortina is going to be awesome. Stu showed me what motor he was going to fit and the work that has been done. I do have a soft spot for the Mk2 and the Mk1 Cortina so who knows

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 23/7/06 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Fozz

That Mk2 Cortina is going to be awesome. Stu showed me what motor he was going to fit and the work that has been done. I do have a soft spot for the Mk2 and the Mk1 Cortina so who knows

Andy-Mate, I have to agree that of all the cars I have ever owned (apart from the Fozzmobile) my old MKII Cortina is waaay up at number 1.

Fozzie

James

posted on 23/7/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Oh Andy!

See, if you'd made you're car 10% bigger like mine it'd be bigger than most cars on the road and no one would be able to not see you!

What about a compromise mate.... things off the top of my head you could do to 'bulk' the car up:

-Windscreen, keep the surround in ali so it;s a nice easy colour to see.
-Raise the headlights and keep them on all the time. Get some bigger ones too. You can buy my SVA special 7" ones after my test if you want!
-Side screens made of ali
-3rd brake light (Premier to a lovely LED one for £30)
-Some reflective stuff on the roll-bar.

There must be other things you could do!

Just seems a pity to throw away all that hard work!

At the end of the day, the dozy idiot in the Clio would have done that if an artic' had been bearing down on them!

Just drive defensively (like a sensible biker rides), and even book yourself on an advanced driving course so you can learn to perceive danger and get out of it more easily.

You should be pleased with yourself for avoiding the Clio as it proves you were alert and driving well in the first place.

Please don't let some loser who shouldn't be on the road make you sell the car!

All the best,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

DEAN C.

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Andy,I think you were biting a little

Quote.s...i'll never get a bike, Death traps!

My thoughts exactly,but while I'm here I'm going to enjoy life as much as I can,and I'll try not to hurt anyone else in the process.

My Dad had cancer quite seriously five years ago and luckily he is still OK against the odds,my whole attitude to life changed in a couple of months,in fact all the family think the same.

Family comes first and I cant knock you for that,but make sure you also do the things you really want to.
I'm sure you will, so keep in touch and good luck.

[Edited on 23/7/06 by DEAN C.]

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

chockymonster

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that you're having to sell.

It's not just kit cars that people pull out in front of. Too many drivers just don't pay attention, they look once and assume it's still safe to go. I've lost count of the number of times someone has pulled out in front of us in my wife's mx5.

She now drives around with her lights on all the time and people still pull out.

I get where you are coming from with the comments on marriage, I guess I'm just lucky that my wife is a petrol head too.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

donut

posted on 24/7/06 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

She now drives around with her lights on all the time and people still pull out.

I'll have to buy a big Volvo cos they have their lights on all the time

DeanC
My mum nearly died from coming off her bike, my mate packed in biking cos he was hit too many times and another mate is giving up cos of the same reason and that the roads are too bad. It's not the riders it's everyone else!!! Plus i don't have the bottle

[Edited on 24/7/06 by donut]

Andy

bob

posted on 24/7/06 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
I was nearly run over by a horse and cart once

Marcus

posted on 24/7/06 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
But did it make you want to chop off your legs and sell them?

Shame about the car Andy, but you must do what you think is right.

Cheers

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

donut

posted on 24/7/06 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I was nearly run over by a horse and cart once

Was that before the invention of the internal combustion engine?

Andy

jos

posted on 24/7/06 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Very sad to hear that Andy, even sadder to see your selling it for less than £5k.

I'm exactly the opposite. My missus is giving me ear ache that I havent taken her out in it enough.

Funny things women arent they

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.