Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: It's here!
Stuart_B

posted on 27/6/10 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
very nice.

about the bushes, make sure you get them perfect, i had to re do mine as the noise they made was bad, and no suspension movement.

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

Davegtst

posted on 27/6/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
What did you torque the bolts up to? I did mine up to 90 NM and i couldn't move the suspension at all, this was without the spring fitted. Was going to ring MK about this tomorrow. How can you get the bushes wrong?
40inches

posted on 27/6/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
The bushes should rotate around the crush tube,fill the gap between the bushes with silicon or white grease before you push in the crush tube, the crush tube should be around 1/2 to 1mm longer than the bushes.
Also check that the wishbones fit easily into the brackets without the crush tubes fitted, they should not be a tight fit.

Davegtst

posted on 27/6/10 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thats how i thought it should be but there is no way the tubes will rotate in the bushes. I greased them before they went in but they are way too tight. The tubes do sick out from the bushes by a mm or two though.
Bluemoon

posted on 30/6/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Thats how i thought it should be but there is no way the tubes will rotate in the bushes. I greased them before they went in but they are way too tight. The tubes do sick out from the bushes by a mm or two though.

They will once you tighten the bolt (if the clearances are sufficient).. Something I need to re-visit on mine as it's a but squeky in use (might be binding a bit and hence wishbones/bushes tubes adjusted to suite).. If you let them rotate on the bolt you will have a big problem that the bolts/holes will ware though in use..

Dan

Davegtst

posted on 30/6/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've readjusted the crush tubes so they are perfect and now it moves but it's still tight and very creaky. Going to take them out again tomorrow and try silicon grease on the tubes.
Davegtst

posted on 19/7/10 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
A bit more progress.

JeffJeffers

posted on 19/7/10 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Its coming along.
You have much more done than me and we got the kits about the same sort of time.
I'll have to get my fingure pulled out.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.