Board logo

MK new demo car
mad gaz - 18/10/08 at 04:44 PM

INDY R BUSA Rescued attachment mk indy rr 015.jpg
Rescued attachment mk indy rr 015.jpg

blakep82 - 18/10/08 at 04:53 PM

its interesting how people on here say wheels bigger than 13-14" ruins handling, yet MK's demo car has much bigger wheels 19"s or something?

Daimo_45 - 18/10/08 at 05:09 PM

Them wheels are disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blakep82 - 18/10/08 at 05:11 PM

oh yeah, i know all that, it just seems funny.
adverts for cars are generally to make you think, 'wow i could look that cool driving that' but in reality...

MKs and the like will generally be bought by people who know a lot about cars, and are looking for the best handling and stuff.

you know what i mean...

zilspeed - 18/10/08 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
its interesting how people on here say wheels bigger than 13-14" ruins handling, yet MK's demo car has much bigger wheels 19"s or something?

Whereas all of these cars on the Caterham website have 13" wheels.

http://www.caterham.co.uk/assets/html/showroom.html

I mean, WTF do they know about handling and stuff.......

COREdevelopments - 18/10/08 at 07:01 PM

ye gotta agree, they build a great car to promote their business and yet they stick those chav boy racer alloys on!!

rob

PAUL FISHER - 18/10/08 at 07:46 PM

We all know 17" alloys as fitted to the new demo/show car are not the best option for great handling,but this car was built as a show car to be displayed at Doncaster custom car show,where the above photograph was taken,along side this car were MK's custom trikes,at that particular show your aiming at a different market,see picture below,to your usual kitcar and sports car shows,its well known as a bit of a Chav show.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER] Rescued attachment clio chav.jpg
Rescued attachment clio chav.jpg

austin man - 18/10/08 at 10:35 PM

id like to see the renault and the mk on the track each on the given wheels bet the MK would come out on top still.

Still loving that picture Paul

procomp - 20/10/08 at 07:50 AM

Hi

Quote " bet the MK would come out on top still. "

You could be right there. I can see it now.

Cheers Matt