Board logo

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY...
matt.c - 8/3/08 at 08:32 PM

I have been making a rear panel cover for the indy. Needs to be covered in vinyl.

Took me ages to do but i think it was worth it..

Description
Description

[img][/img]

COREdevelopments - 8/3/08 at 08:41 PM

well done, how come your garage looks more like a show room?? my garage looks like a right poo pit compared to yours.
that reminds me i must clean up my garage and actually do some work on my car!!!
very nice build btw

rob

Richard Quinn - 8/3/08 at 08:47 PM

Built an engine cradle and got the engine mounted

welderman - 8/3/08 at 08:49 PM

looking for alloys for my animal L200 Rescued attachment alloy.jpg
Rescued attachment alloy.jpg

coozer - 8/3/08 at 08:53 PM

Today, 10 hours on it! Tidied up the wiring and finalised under the scuttle with Spiro wrap, convoluted tube, tape, soldering iron, shrink wrap etc etc.

Mounted the scuttle, and the alloy header tank. Its starting to look like a car now.

I'll post some pictures on my blog once the battery for me camera has charged
Steve

ruskino80 - 8/3/08 at 08:55 PM

tarted up a bathroom for a mate and got wet through loading my van up

from the rain not the bathroom!!!

02GF74 - 8/3/08 at 09:05 PM

good effort - these thinkgs take a huge amount of time as I found out when making my boot lit from ali,

you can make a lid on hinges with a lock so can store your sandwiches and a pactet of maltesers in the boot.

Worzey - 8/3/08 at 09:07 PM

Today I have mostly been.........

Bleeding my new Wilwood front calipers......

Fitting my Odyssey battery and Powervamp bracket........

and building a bootbox with a plastic 18ltr Pot Pourri containing (it seemed to fit perfectly and was light).

chris_harris_ - 8/3/08 at 09:24 PM

Tiling the in laws bathroom. But tomorrow is all mine to pl;ay in the garage, got loads to do and probably won't do half of what i want to!! Still least i may be able to drive it tomorrow!!!!!!

big_wasa - 8/3/08 at 09:26 PM

I had a couple of hours retail therapy at my local scrap yard

indykid - 8/3/08 at 09:48 PM

i set out to do some lab reports for uni.

i've wasted a day and got nowhere!

woe is me. never mind. i'll be on placement soon
tom

eznfrank - 8/3/08 at 09:50 PM

1. Fitted all 4 corners.
2. Spent over an hour trying to find M10 x 30mm bolts only to end up in Halfords (without my trade card) and only just enough ££ to pay for them.
3. Wire brushed rear hubs & caliper sliders and painted with rust stop stuff.
4. Spent hours trying to get the end off my steering rack before my dad bought his "divers" tool and did it piece of p1ss!!
5. Took all my sockets out of the box and dried them then had to dry the box and put them all (120!!!) back in. Stupid me leaving it just outside the garage and locking myself in when it started raining!! What a tit!!

[Edited on 8/3/08 by eznfrank]

Mole - 8/3/08 at 10:03 PM

started lower wishbones

mistergrumpy - 8/3/08 at 10:31 PM

Working. And you know what I'll be doing tomorrow? Working! And what about Monday I hear you say? Working!
Got pi55ed wet through today as well.

tjoh84 - 8/3/08 at 10:39 PM

had to g to work today to finish off a bathroom then come home had mat and his mrs round for dinner and now im pissed feels good lol 2moz sleeep and dream about my car coming home with new r1 engine

markyb - 8/3/08 at 10:42 PM

broke the metal ring on a master cylinder trying to fit it back on

phoenix70 - 8/3/08 at 10:54 PM

Starting wiring up my new garage

bob - 8/3/08 at 11:12 PM

12hrs in the printing factory 6 till 6 no breaks feet ache back aches and i'm gagging for some ale.

I saw a spec of dust on the floor in your garage tut tut, very nice matt well engineered

Mr Whippy - 8/3/08 at 11:18 PM

spending lots of money on the house

Benzine - 8/3/08 at 11:19 PM

I bought a dremel today and I've been using that to tidy up my engine, works a treat

locoR1 - 8/3/08 at 11:20 PM

Went all the way to Grantham this morning to get my wiring loom after City link couldn’t be bothered to knock on my neighbour’s door

Then spent an hour or so labelling up the loom and laying it in place.

Another hour or two deciding where to put switches digi-dash and boost controller start button ect before fitting them, tomorrow its wiring and more wiring

Benzine - 8/3/08 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
Went all the way to Grantham this morning to get my wiring loom after City link couldn’t be bothered to knock on my neighbour’s door

been there done that many times I only live 10 mins from Grantham though

locoR1 - 8/3/08 at 11:40 PM

The really annoying thing is I’ve got another parcel that arrived at the depot at 5am this morning
But they wouldn’t let me have it! Apparently it’s all locked up till Monday when it’s due to be delivered

Gergely - 9/3/08 at 06:37 AM

I sourced my first donor bits!! The diff and related rear drivetrain parts!
I know... small step... but this means the project has finally kicked off!

Stuart_B - 9/3/08 at 08:29 AM

I changed the timming belt, and put a new thermostate in.

jacko - 9/3/08 at 09:57 PM

Decorating all saturday & sunday back to work tomorow for a rest

mackei23b - 10/3/08 at 10:43 AM

Fitted my aeroscreen today.

A couple of days ago the seats and harnesses were fitted.

And a few days before that the back panel was fitted, it's good to be making some good progress again, will post pics soon.

Cheers

Ian