Board logo

Clutch pedal
midge - 10/9/07 at 12:19 PM

I plan to fit a return spring to the clutch pedal (pedal to bulkhead) to retain the pedal position. This will mean the release bearing is up against the clutch. I can't see any other way of retaining the pedal. I'm using a HD clutch with extended fingers and standard release bearing rather than an extended bearing. Any thoughts / suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

indykid - 10/9/07 at 12:26 PM

bend a bit of steel to 90degrees and drill an 8mm hole in one side. bolt it together with the pedal pivot bolt and your pedal sits wherever you've set the stop to.

i think the idea originally came from snoopy.

hth
tom Rescued attachment pedals small.jpg
Rescued attachment pedals small.jpg

Hellfire - 10/9/07 at 12:29 PM

Fit an aluminium stop to the bottom of the pedal. The pedal bracket will stop it falling forwards. Like this picture.......

You can also use it to attach the cable.

Phil

[Edited on 10-9-07 by Hellfire]

iscmatt - 10/9/07 at 03:15 PM

This is what i did, works a treat and allows for adjustment!

quote:
Originally posted by indykid
bend a bit of steel to 90degrees and drill an 8mm hole in one side. bolt it together with the pedal pivot bolt and your pedal sits wherever you've set the stop to.

hth
tom

3GEComponents - 10/9/07 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by indykid

hth
tom

Also as used on the new Haynes Roadster book

midge - 10/9/07 at 03:21 PM

Thanks for that guys, easy when you think about it.

Steve

paulmw - 10/9/07 at 03:24 PM

Thats wot i did. You could also bend it into a U shape and bolt on each side so that you dont have a sharp edge

Paul