Board logo

Remote brake fluid reservoir
badding - 27/1/07 at 04:28 PM

Hi

I have the standard ford sierra master brake cylinder,now the problem is that the reservoir from the master brake cylinder is to near to the steering shaft.

So I want to use a remote brake fluid reservor that can connect to the master brake cylinder...where can I get something like that.

The reservoir needs a sensor for the amount off fluid in it...

coozer - 27/1/07 at 04:33 PM

Just pull the reservoir off and extend it with some rubber tubes, easy peasy...

badding - 27/1/07 at 05:09 PM

does anyone has some pics how they done it.....

TangoMan - 27/1/07 at 10:32 PM

I have the same problem except mine is the Throttle Bodies that are restricted by the reservoir.
I am thinking of making up some metal tubes with 2 90 degree bends (left then right) to move the reservoir across by about 1 inch.

badding - 28/1/07 at 10:36 PM

I have taken the reservoir off from the cylinder, was a easy job.
Now I have to measure the original fitting on the bottom from the reservoir and see if I can manufacture them from Alu to put a hose in between, It seems the rubber grommet isn't damaged by taking the reservoir of.
Will measure the connector and make a cad drawing off it , to have it CNC machined. Rescued attachment CIMG1658.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG1658.JPG

badding - 28/1/07 at 10:37 PM

Rescued attachment CIMG1661.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG1661.JPG

badding - 28/1/07 at 10:48 PM

I think I make a cad drawing of it to have it CNC machined from ALu, I will post the drawing...By the end off this week...

badding - 30/1/07 at 08:03 PM

Here is a cad drawing enjoy....
Left side is the connection on the masterbrake cylinder, the right is where the hose goes to your reservoir when you look at the intersection drawing... Rescued attachment drawing.JPG
Rescued attachment drawing.JPG

badding - 30/1/07 at 08:45 PM

Thanks, now I have to let it CNC fabricated I think form Alu or would you use another metal.....