Board logo

Indyblade on its wheels at last!
ReMan - 2/4/06 at 06:57 PM

Finally after 22 months I took my car down off its trolley, and stood it on it's (nice Pro Race 1.2) wheels!
It's sat on this with the suspension and wheels off during the build as space has been limited as can be seen, but with and aim to get it driving in the next couple of months the time has come!
Just need to make a list of the finishing off jobs now and try and make it to Newark show?

[Edited on 2/4/06 by ReMan] Rescued attachment 175_7578sml.jpg
Rescued attachment 175_7578sml.jpg

ReMan - 2/4/06 at 06:58 PM

The good news is as far as I know, the only significant money i've got to spend now is on a silencer......... Rescued attachment 175_7588sml.jpg
Rescued attachment 175_7588sml.jpg

Hellfire - 2/4/06 at 06:59 PM

Looks like it's coming along nicely.

mandbsheldon - 2/4/06 at 06:59 PM

looking nice!!!!
Leigh.

Danozeman - 2/4/06 at 07:03 PM

Looking very nice mate.

wilkingj - 2/4/06 at 07:06 PM

S'looking good.. Take your time, and dont rush it, make a good job of it.

Just done a lot on my Viento. Still got a fair way to go.

But already thinking of my next build... A bike engined indy. However, I need to loose about 5 stone in weight first. Now you know why I am building a viento.
I'm a Bat F'stard

the_fbi - 2/4/06 at 07:07 PM

Looks great!

Is that one heck of a wide front track, or just a very narrow front end with long wishbones?

Hellfire - 2/4/06 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi
Looks great!

Is that one heck of a wide front track, or just a very narrow front end with long wishbones?

Might just be perspective...

ReMan - 2/4/06 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi
Looks great!

Its just perspective I hope, unless i've got the front and rear wheels the wrong way round , the rear should be 6mm wider.

[Edited on 2/4/06 by ReMan]

givemethebighammer - 2/4/06 at 07:29 PM

Looks great, just shout when you need the support vehicle for the SVA !

ReMan - 2/4/06 at 07:30 PM

quote:

Just done a lot on my Viento. Still got a fair way to go.
However, I need to loose about 5 stone in weight first. Now you know why I am building a viento.
I'm a Bat F'stard

So am I
I'm hoping this will be the incentive, along with a sponsored slim at work, to lose a few pounds.

I am hoping to lose 2 front caliper, carrier and pad assemblys (6kgs each!) over the next few months.

ReMan - 2/4/06 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by givemethebighammer
Looks great, just shout when you need the support vehicle for the SVA !

Thanks mate, i'm relying on your bandagiing skills pre SVA

givemethebighammer - 2/4/06 at 08:07 PM

I'm there with the split heater hose and zip ties. As far as Mr SVA will know it'll be a bumper car he's testing !

But on a more serious note I think we'll have to worry more about the noise than the sharp edges. What sort of silencer have you got in mind ?

ReMan - 2/4/06 at 11:08 PM

I was thinking of a road legal bike silencer with a modded end pipe, to kick away from the rear wing, just not 100% sure it would be quiet enough?
Otherwise an MK style fabbed silencer.
Am on the lookout now......

ReMan - 2/4/06 at 11:08 PM

I was thinking of a road legal bike silencer with a modded end pipe, to kick away from the rear wing, just not 100% sure it would be quiet enough?
Otherwise an MK style fabbed silencer.
Am on the lookout now......

givemethebighammer - 4/4/06 at 08:29 AM

Or stuff one of those decibel inverter things in the pipe for SVA

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROAD-RACE-DECIBEL-db-KILLER-REDUCER-REMOVABLE-BAFFLE_W0QQitemZ8053308372QQcategoryZ25623QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem />
Kills the power but supposed to reduce the noise as well. It will probably fall out after the SVA test though.

iscmatt - 4/4/06 at 09:36 AM

cars looking nice, nice tyres too, it'll be even better with the wings on, take your time and do a good job - like you have done already!