Board logo

Inner panel Joint
ReMan - 23/3/06 at 02:58 PM

I know its a bit petty, but any ideas for the joint on the inner panels as per the picture.... Other than a smear of black pu adhesive, only theres quite a bit of movement on the side one as its only supported in 3 places? Rescued attachment 175_7548sml.jpg
Rescued attachment 175_7548sml.jpg

mookaloid - 23/3/06 at 03:08 PM

Put some PU in it, put the seat in, and DRIVE THE CAR

When you are driving it you wont have a clue what is going on behind you anyway!

Cheers

Mark

shortie - 23/3/06 at 03:22 PM

What about PUing some of that black plastic right angle you can get in lengths from B&Q?? will look neat and should stop anything moving.

Although as Mookaloid says believe me you won't hear a thing when driving it!!!!

Rich.

Guinness - 23/3/06 at 03:22 PM

Agree with Mark, you'll never see it when the seat is in!

I put two small right angle pieces of aluminium behind the panels and rivetted them together that way.

I'd be more worried as to what will happen when you go to fill up with petrol!!

Cheers

Mike

jos - 23/3/06 at 03:49 PM

wont your seat obscure it when the seats in

ReMan - 23/3/06 at 06:07 PM

Thanks guys I think I get the picture

indykid - 23/3/06 at 06:52 PM

i left mine unjoined, but painted a 2" strip of the glassfibre on the side panel black, so even if you could see anything, you'd only see black.

when the abs gets warm, it expands loads anyway, so the less it's fastened, the better. the top of my back panel, fastened at 75mm intervals would go rippled between the rivets in summer! went back flat as soon as it cooled though.

tom