Board logo

indy r1 update
kev R1 - 1/3/06 at 09:07 PM

fitted my first cycle wing tonight god aren't they fiddly to get right! ground the arch down to give a much shallower side and fitted the stays through the side to be attatched! also put on and wired up side repeaters! Rescued attachment cycle wing 1.JPG
Rescued attachment cycle wing 1.JPG

kev R1 - 1/3/06 at 09:08 PM

hopefully will look a lot neater when the stay is all black!!! Rescued attachment cycle wing 2.JPG
Rescued attachment cycle wing 2.JPG

gary gsx - 1/3/06 at 09:09 PM

Looks v smart what rims are they and what size

Gary

kev R1 - 1/3/06 at 09:10 PM

Rescued attachment side repeats.JPG
Rescued attachment side repeats.JPG

kev R1 - 1/3/06 at 09:18 PM

they are wolfrace rims not too sure which model but they're 15" with toyo R888's on.

gary gsx - 1/3/06 at 09:49 PM

I like them how wide?

Gary

welderman - 1/3/06 at 10:10 PM

Looking good Kev, wheels are Wolfrace Octanes,

tom windmill - 1/3/06 at 11:31 PM

Look awsome!
do you have any idea as to how much the 4 rims & tyres cost in total as eventually when i pay my debt for the car to dad this is what i want!!

Tom

tricky262000 - 2/3/06 at 12:19 AM

Wheels are Wolfrace black octane got mine last week.

chrisf - 2/3/06 at 03:33 AM

I mounted my wings in a similar manner, i.e., I cut out slots for the wing stays. Now, when I pess on the leading edge of the wing, the bend forward to the point where, at speed, I think they will touch the tire. When you press on your wing, do you get a similar problem?

--Chris

mandbsheldon - 2/3/06 at 04:29 PM

Kev,

Just a quick one, make sure you put some rubber trim on the wing brackets at the top, where they enter the wing.

Leigh.

kev R1 - 2/3/06 at 05:36 PM

why's that leigh for sva or just to stop vibration cracking it?

arch not fastened down yet but can't see a prob with it touching the wheel now i've shaved it down!

mandbsheldon - 2/3/06 at 05:40 PM

Yep, SVA.
Mine needed trim on the steel bit after the tubular section. Also on the straight bits that form the brackets that attach to the upright. If I could attach pics I'd show you. Pop round.
Leigh

kev R1 - 2/3/06 at 05:47 PM

just for sva then leigh? get it registered then i'll pop round one night and you can take me for a spin! just don't talk me into buying this one!!!lol

mandbsheldon - 2/3/06 at 06:12 PM

Yep just for SVA. How many cars do you want? Has that guy made it to swansea yet?

mandbsheldon - 2/3/06 at 06:14 PM

I've got to wait until Friday next week for the DVLA Inspector, then I should be on the road can't wait.

kev R1 - 3/3/06 at 06:16 PM

don't know he's not posted on here since!!
bet the anticipations killin you!!!

Toady1 - 8/3/06 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tom windmill
Look awsome!
do you have any idea as to how much the 4 rims & tyres cost in total as eventually when i pay my debt for the car to dad this is what i want!!

Tom

halfords were selling those rims a little while ago dirt cheap! they may still have some?

kev R1 - 8/3/06 at 06:22 PM

don't say that everyone will have em!!!!

chockymonster - 8/3/06 at 11:49 PM

How heavy are those alloys?
I love the look of them but find most run of the mill alloys are just too heavy to be considered

welderman - 9/3/06 at 07:51 AM

Got 17's on mine weight is not an issue for me, more looks. Rescued attachment !CID__HaIPA9LmMx_.jpg
Rescued attachment !CID__HaIPA9LmMx_.jpg