Board logo

Interior panels?
Crazy Jay - 14/4/05 at 11:51 PM

After searchin loads of archives i havent found anyone using MK interior panels. Does anyone have them??
Cause we are at the stage of doin the interior and wondering to use ali or the panels. Anyone any opinions on either?? Cheers

PAUL FISHER - 15/4/05 at 12:00 AM

I used the mk interior panels,lot easier to work with than ali,and will not scratch or mark like ali. Rescued attachment DSC00149.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC00149.jpg

tri - 15/4/05 at 12:02 AM

we are going to use the mk onesand maybe cover them at a later date is needed

Crazy Jay - 15/4/05 at 12:23 AM

paul, i've seen ur archive loads of times and didnt realise they were mk panels. they look well.

Crazy Jay - 15/4/05 at 12:26 AM

Where did u get the surrounds for ur handbrake and gear stick? They look pretty nice!!

PAUL FISHER - 15/4/05 at 01:20 AM

Just found them on a stall at newark auto jumble,one of my few bargains,think I got them both for £5,the rubber boot around the gear knob is of a forklift truck,a mate of mine works on them,the gaiter around the hand brake is a leather "momo" not so "locost"

shortie - 15/4/05 at 09:30 AM

I am also using MK panels, as Paul says much easier to work with than ali, they need a bit of fetling but I think they look good and they are lighter than ali.

Rich.

DEAN C. - 15/4/05 at 09:47 AM

Lighter than Ally,I doubt it.
I have used the tunnel pieces and I am pleased with these but I have left the outer cockpit pieces off as I quite like the stripped out race look.
I'll see if I can sort some pics for my archive.

smart51 - 15/4/05 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DEAN C.
Lighter than Ally,I doubt it.

Polypropylene has a dencity of 0.98 adn aly of 2.7 (depending on the alloy used)

if the plastic is 2.75 times thicker than the ali then it will be heavier. if it is 2.7 times thicker or less then it will be lighter.

[Edited on 15-4-2005 by smart51]

john_p_b - 15/4/05 at 08:44 PM

i've just put the interior panels in mine, ok they weren't the best fit but with some trimming here and there they went in ok. i'd deffinately say a better alternative than ali.