Board logo

How to tidy up where side panel meets rear panel?
Sloan85 - 13/7/13 at 01:42 PM

I am looking for ideas for best way to tidy up the area where the side panel meets the rear panel. Photos show the area in question.

I have installed some edge trim on the side panel but I don't know if this will be suitable.

Cheers

Near side

Off side - no edge trim

[Edited on 13/7/13 by Sloan85]

PAUL FISHER - 13/7/13 at 02:52 PM

"Hellfire" on here had the best solution to this problem that ive seen, they fabricated a nice cover for the join between the panels, U2U them, I am sure they will help you out with pictures etc how they did it

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

40inches - 13/7/13 at 04:04 PM

I formed a 1mm thick ally panel around the join, but It looks like yours is the Indy R and is different to my standard Indy
Description
Description

ReMan - 13/7/13 at 05:38 PM

Rescued attachment lid2.jpg

DavidW - 13/7/13 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

I'm after something ike this. Where did it come from?

Thanks

David

PAUL FISHER - 13/7/13 at 08:30 PM

quote:

Must say reman nice job, looks a factory solution, I would like to see Mk make those as a option

ReMan - 13/7/13 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
quote:

Must say reman nice job, looks a factory solution, I would like to see Mk make those as a option

I'd like to see MK fix the mould as an option

It was knoocked up by a local upholstererer.Just gave him my car for a couple of days and bingo
One of the best thinks I did IMHO and was not a lot of money either (5 years ago)

Sloan85 - 28/7/13 at 09:02 PM

Just an update to show what I have done about this issue.

I had a couple of small lengths of the interior aluminium trim left over so cut some short lengths, filed edges smooth, drilled and fixed to side panel and carbon wrapped to match the interior. I think it looks quite tidy and should be ok for the IVA.

Andybarbet - 28/7/13 at 09:25 PM

Tidy :-)