Board logo

Mk Indy Blade lost fluid!!
fullpint - 22/7/12 at 07:57 PM

Kind of lucky that I never went on a run to Chew Valley.... Due to having the grand-kids I only went for a local run out.. LUCKY I did! When I came back for some strange reason my fan was running Temp read just over 100..
Thought nothing of it untill I moved the car and noticed fluid all down the left side of the car.

Description
Description

Took off the nose cone to find this..
Description
Description

Lost 2 litres of fluid!!! I have replaced the hose clip and had a test run and all is fine again.. Runs at 78 degree's..
The joys of a kit car.. I LOVE IT..

r1_pete - 22/7/12 at 08:05 PM

If that is the fitting above and left, there is no barb on it, plus those stiff jubilee type clips aren't best on thinner hoses, the thin narrow stainless clips perform better.

Id put a couple of saw grooves round that fitting too to try and create a bit better grip.

britishtrident - 23/7/12 at 05:17 AM

Simples the hose clip was far too big for the OD of tubing.

vanepico - 23/7/12 at 06:09 AM

Araldite some welding wire around the plastic fitting, then jubilee it on?

designer - 23/7/12 at 09:47 AM

All the above, no bead on the fitting, clip to big in diameter and section.

fullpint - 23/7/12 at 09:55 AM

Fitted a small clip (fuel pipe type) and all seems ok now, touch wood. Pipe is also very close to the nose cone which dont help..

gavin174 - 23/7/12 at 11:46 AM

looks like a polo rad and someone has cut the fitting down,

probably because it is too close to the nose.

Bluemoon - 23/7/12 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
looks like a polo rad and someone has cut the fitting down,

probably because it is too close to the nose.

Yep will be that, on the Indy it's very difficult to find the space to get a hose on with out cutting down... Mine as a very sharp 90 degree hose on, and the hose still rubs on the noise cone..

I did bung the barb initially with a screw (M5?) to allow me to bleed the air out. The problem was this area collects air and I found it difficult to keep air free without a bleed back to the header tank.

[Edited on 23/7/12 by Bluemoon]

Custardpants - 4/8/12 at 08:25 AM

It's even more amusing when the hot water comes through onto your feet

fullpint - 5/8/12 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants

Would rather that cause its an early warning that will make you stop It would of been fine if I had a passanger cause then would of noticed.. Any way all seems fine at the mo

tompat3463 - 28/9/12 at 05:07 PM

im sure I had that car up to 120' once !!!

sebastiaan - 28/9/12 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fullpint
quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants

Would rather that cause its an early warning that will make you stop It would of been fine if I had a passanger cause then would of noticed.. Any way all seems fine at the mo

O no, you don't.... Long tima ago, but still scary